For those of you who get fed up with navigating around ImageShack and Photobucket, you might like to try using this websites inbuilt "Add an Attachment" option.
Basic steps are
1) Start a post as normal.
2) Type a message in the message window first.
3) Go to the "Attachment Posting Control Panel" immediately below the message window.
4) Click on "Add an Attachment". The screen will refresh with an additional section. Use the "browse" option to select the image you want from your PC.
5) Click "Add Attachment" The screen will refresh and a new box "Posted Attachments" will appear alongside the "Add an Attachment" box. You can click on this box to review/delete the images attached to your post.
NOTE - THE ONLY RESTRICTION IS THAT THE IMAGE SIZE MUST BE LESS THAN 256KB. IF YOU TRY AND POST LARGER PHOTOS AN ERROR MESSAGE WILL COME UP. THIS MEANS YOU NEED TO RESIZE YOUR PHOTO TO A SMALLER SIZE OR LOWER IMAGE QUALITY.
To resize your photos do this :
1) Open up the folder on your PC where the image is stored.
2) Right click the image file, hover over the "Open With" option and then click on Paint
3) Once the image is loaded in Paint click the "Image" tab at the top and click on "Stretch/Skew" n.b. On Vista the option is "Resize/Skew"
4) In the Stretch/Skew section change the 2 numbers to smaller numbers than 100%. If you have an image file of about 1mb then you can normally get away with changing the 2 numbers to 50%.
5) Do that and then save it. It's usually better to use the "Save As" option and then give your new, smaller photo. a slightly different name. Doing this preserves the original. Then go back to the folder where your photo is stored and right click the file and then click Properties. Look for the "Size on disk" data.
6) If it is bigger than 256kb, go back to Paint, Stretch/Skew and alter it to about 80% for both values.
7) Then go to Properties again and keep checking until it is less than 256 kb.
An alternative to Photo Bucket and Imageshack.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests