880 3 pt hitch

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Capt.Earl

880 3 pt hitch

Post by Capt.Earl » Tue May 19, 2020 4:24 pm

Hello guy's , I am joining your Club from Canada . It's a pleasure to be a new member. Gentlemen I have an 880 Selectamatic , I can only raise the 3pt hitch in TCU Mode and even then it raises slow and sinks back down when I reduce the rpm's . The two valves on the right hand of the seat under the oblong plate are free moving and I have replaced the nylon filter and check ball the .020 " disc and the 3 hole disc as per schematics. Fluids are up and plenty of oil flow when viewed with the 4 bolted vertical plate removed for inspection .

Please help me out here ,
Thank you ; Capt. Earl

ollek

Re: 880 3 pt hitch

Post by ollek » Tue May 19, 2020 5:49 pm

It sounds like you have a leak from the hold valve, internal pipe from valve chest to the lift cylinder or in the lift cylinder. Do you have a 3-vay valve on your tractor? Will the oil flow inside the right hand side cross shaft holder stop when you keep the main control lever fully back against the return spring? Is the small hole (diam. 0,6 mm) in the tip of the hold valve open? Is the small hole (diam, 0,6 mm) in the restrictor plate in the by-pass valve open? Can you hear the pump pressure relief valve screem when the linkage is fully up and the main control lever is fully back? Have someone had the valve chest out and if so, have all adjustments been performed correctly and have all parts been fitted correctly? Have the spool bvalve in the valve chest been remoevd and if so, is the adjustment done correctly?

Capt.Earl

Post by Capt.Earl » Wed May 20, 2020 12:01 am

Hi and hello , Thank you very much for your reply , Sir when I bought the tractor the 3 pt did not work , it came from a collection of 20 DB's . I have read all and I mean all the hydraulic forums on 880's . I have checked valves for free movement and replaced the nylon filter screen all the holding and raising valves eem to be in order . Sir the arms will rise when I push the control lever forward with high rpm in TCU mode but out of that mode the arms are inoperative . Is there any way we can chat on the phone ?. I have been in touch with many DB/Case Dealers in Canada , yes your Common Wealth Sovereign Country and they all say bring it in and we'll check it out . I have 45 years of being a Licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic with 30 years of those with the Toronto Fire Department in Ontario Canada .

Capt.Earl

Post by Capt.Earl » Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 am

Hey my " Brit Friend " it kind if looks like plenty of mechanical/hydraulic repair to correct this 3pt issue , Great Tractor 3 cyl Diesel Power Steering perfect rubber , all tin is good. Guess I'll keep her to pull whatever she is hooked up to because you can't beat British Technology and Quality . Capt. Earl 613 659 2882 .

ollek

Post by ollek » Wed May 20, 2020 4:41 am

First of all, I am not from UK (Britain), but from Finland. I have asked you some questions and been given you some hints where to start the fault finding, but you have not responded. Please read the info in the following link http://dbtc.co.uk/index.php/information ... lic-system Tractor hydraulics are different from Fire Department machines and you need to know how the system works before you can do any fault finding. The following links takes you to some pages in the parts catalogue so that you can see where all components are. https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-s ... 85ar292657 https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-s ... 85ar296701 https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-s ... 85ar297525 Talking on the phone betwen Canada and Finland is all too expensive.

Capt.Earl

Post by Capt.Earl » Thu May 21, 2020 2:53 pm

Thanks Olek , I have been in contact with Ivan in New Brunswick Canada and we are checking all adjustments and procedures as you mentioned previously . Sorry for late response but I couldn't figure how to pull up messages on this site . Thanks again Olek