1200 hydraulics

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Gogetter

1200 hydraulics

Post by Gogetter » Sun May 17, 2020 5:35 am

I saw a DB 1200 with loader that had saplings growing around it, so asked if it was for sale. I brought it home and have been looking at a manual trying to understand what type and amounts of fluids to replace. the DB 1200 runs buts had no hydraulic ability. I opened drain in bottom of transmission filter pan, and removed large bolt in center of rear axle. after the creamy colored liquid stopped flowing from both rain Holes I remove bottom of transmission pan & filter, which was completely cover with a gluey substance. I remove shifters and Reinstalled the transmission filter pan and poured 5 gallons of diesel in transmission rocking back &forth as the diesel dripped from hydraulic filter pan, due to no gasket I started DB for 30 seconds then shut off. I repeated same process til only diesel poured out of drains. Installed hydraulic filter & gasket and now the 3 point attachment seams to work when the 3 way valve is placed in implement The problem I wish to understand is The loader will not work. Please advise.
Safety gets better the more we practice.

ollek

Re: 1200 hydraulics

Post by ollek » Sun May 17, 2020 6:34 am

What do you mean by saying "3 point attachment seams to work when the 3 way valve is placed in implement" ? By saing 3-point attachment, do you mean 3-point hitch? There is no implement position for the hydraulic system on the 3-way valve and the valve is behind your left foot. Please tell what type the valve is, lever or tap operated. In what position is the selector switch, this is a small lever on the right hand side, and has 3 positions, depth, height and external. How is the loader plummed in, oil feed and return points, Does the loader have its own levers? Is there a double acting valve on top of the rear axle on the right hand side? Use UTTO (Universal Tractor Transmission Oil) mineral oil, SAE 10W-30 or 15W-30 in the transmission. Please find a Operators Manual in the following link, third manual from the top in the list https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrow ... wn-info-ii

Gogetter

Post by Gogetter » Mon May 18, 2020 4:37 am

532D5819-2AA8-40A4-9969-DC7EDC548867.jpeg
https://dbtc.co.uk/phpBB3/download/file.php?mode=view&id=8829
532D5819-2AA8-40A4-9969-DC7EDC548867.jpeg (50.2 KiB) Viewed 95 times
I saw on YouTube video titled David brown 1200 in the video its stated the L position on the 3 way valve is for implements. (3 point hitch) The 3 way valve is behind left foot and it is a lever type. The Selector switch is located near right rear of seat and on top of rock shaft I think. It was set in the height position ( straight) forward.
The loader has own levers to control up/ down as well as tilt and is plumbed in to the 3 way valve. The supply is the 1# output connection. There is a double acting control valhttps://dbtc.co.uk/phpBB3/download/file.php?mode=view&id=8829
532D5819-2AA8-40A4-9969-DC7EDC548867.jpeg
https://dbtc.co.uk/phpBB3/download/file.php?mode=view&id=8829
532D5819-2AA8-40A4-9969-DC7EDC548867.jpeg (50.2 KiB) Viewed 95 times
ve right rear of seat. We disconnected the loader supply line, return line, double acting valve line to 3 way valve looking to see what has pressure. We removed double acting valve body to gain access to cover above by pass and hold valve to remove and clean. Reinstalled valves by pushing to bottom then inserting springs, washers and screws.After Reassembled we started tractor and the 3 pt arms didn’t rise. When turning selector switch to right tcu position and using double acting valve operating lever in a jerky motion the arms rose up but we couldn’t move the lever from the external TCU position until moving the 3pt hand lever to different position. Please advise.
Safety gets better the more we practice.

ollek

Post by ollek » Mon May 18, 2020 7:55 am

Some of the videos on the internet are rubish and they give wrong informations. Position L on the 3-way valve is for lift cylinder, not for implements. An implement can be connected to the 3-point hitch or to the drawbar and position 1 or 2 delivers oil pressure to the implement. The double acting valve is the first component after the pump and the pump pressure can be measured from one of the two hoses connected to the double acting valve. The pump pressure is directed to the valve chest via the doubnle acting valve top lid and is delivered to the valve chest by a internal pipe. The pressure from the valve chest to the base plate for the double acting valve is also delivered by a internal pipe. The pipe on top of the rear axle, that is connected to the 3-way valve, takes the pressure from the base plate to the 3-way valve, not from the double acting valve. The pressure after the valve chest can be measured from outlet 1 or 2 on the 3-way valve and this is also the pressure to outlet L, lift cylinder. The first thing to do is to measure the pump pressure and then check the system pressure at the 3-way valve outlet 1 or 2. Nothing has to be disconnected for doing these two basic pressure tests. Constant pressure is connected to outlet 1 or 2 by selecting tcu/external with the selector swirch and keeping the main control lever fully back in the quadrant all the time, depressing the return spring.