Front Loader

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

starider

Front Loader

Post by starider » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:42 pm

Hi, I am trying to identify the front loader fitted to my 1412. Before I attempt to add pictures perhaps a description would help. It looks very similar to an LQ9 but has a fixed support tower on each side with a link bar joining them across the bonnet.The loader arms have a smaller "tower" each side which slots into the fixed "tower" and is held in place each side with a large spring loaded pin. I assume it is a form of quicky loader, but there must be some sort of support brackets to allow easy removal i.e. to support the loader,dis-connect the rams and pipes,take out the pins,prise out the spring loaded locking pins and reverse the tractor away[my best guess]. I have removed the loader using my mini digger and sling as support, but wasn't particularly safe or rigid enough.I have re-painted the loader and at present can only try to re-fit using the digger.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated,plus identifying the loader.many thanks...........starider :?:

ollek

Re: Front Loader

Post by ollek » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:44 am

Some pictures of the loader and is fittings are needed (both sides).

starider

Post by starider » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:12 am

Hi, Will post pictures when re-fitted to tractor,in the mean time anyone who recognises it from the description please post...........starider :)

ollek

Post by ollek » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:48 am

A modern loader is not a quick attachable one if you have to disconnect cylinders and pipes. The hydraulics are connected between the loader and the loader operating valve by means of quick couplers, if the loader is a quick attachable loader. Some old loaders used to be called quick attachable and this involved disconnecting the boom cylinders at the front. Some old David Brown loaders had a system where the boom cylinders was turned up vertical and secured with pins in this position. These loaders had mechanical bucket control. Some loaders have stand legs that can be dropped down when the loader is detached. Others have a separate stand that has to be placed under the loader boons. One type of legs can be seen in the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAggKGoBAeQ These explanations shows that it is completely impossible, based on the information given, to know what loader is in question. Even pictures can make it difficult to answer the questions, as loaders have been manufactured by numerous manufacturers and in hundreds of models. In addition loaders have been altered in many ways by the owners.

starider

Post by starider » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 am

Hi, I have used modern tractors with the latest front loaders.The one fitted to my 1412 is probably 40 years old as is the tractor and probably at the time it was supplied, it was considered fairly easily detatchable. As you say there were lots of different loaders available, so it may be difficult to find which model I shave. If the weather is suitable in the next few days I'll re-fit and take photographs........................starider