Case 1494 serial number

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

BastianGaardahl

Case 1494 serial number

Post by BastianGaardahl » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:55 am

Hi DBTC forum.

I recently acquired a case 1494. So far - i'm really happy about the overall performance of it. It is my second british manufactured tractor (ford 7610 F3).

Can anyone help me with a manufacturing year of it? It is a white model. I think it is from 1984, but i'm not sure.
Here is the serial number: 11194428

Best Regards

txtractorguy

Re: Case 1494 serial number

Post by txtractorguy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:32 pm

Yes, 1984, according to the serial number info I have.

BastianGaardahl

Post by BastianGaardahl » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:48 pm

Thank you very much :)

1984 - Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Has been running 7000 hours, according to previous owner, it never had trans or engine overhauled.

Best Regards

cobbadog
Location: beautiful Coopernook NSW. near Taree. NSW. Australia

Post by cobbadog » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:27 am

Is it a good or a bad thing would depend on the type of work it was doing. If it was just towing a passenger trailer around a showground every month then it is a brilliant thing. If it has a full service history again a good thing If it has never been maintained and driven and worked beyond what it was expected to do is not so good.
General condition of the tractor should give you an indication of condition. checking and preferably changing all your filters and oils would go a long way to finding out any thing that may be hiding in the background like blocked transmission filter etc.

BastianGaardahl

Post by BastianGaardahl » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:40 pm

I have no idea how it spend its first many years. It has a loader which has been on it for a while (looks like 10+ years)
Besides the loader it has a "number 3" on the bonnet. In Denmark this is normally something which is used when it has been used for municipality work. Linkage and hitch does not seem worn.

Previous owner converter the Veto 1000 from a mechanical to a hydraulic version approx. 4 years ago. The previous owner lived on a small Danish island which means that the rust has been starting to get to it - But i think we managed to save it before totally destroying the machine. It has only been used for approx 50 hours the last 4 years. previous owner(4 years) never changed anything including filters and oil.

I have already purchased new transmission and engine filter, but i'm a bit insecure if I should change the engine and transmission oil at the same time. Some times it feels like when i'm trying to do something "good" for my tractors they end up not really liking it and was running better before.

Should i change it? :)

ollek

Post by ollek » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:11 pm

I would recommend you to get an Operators Manual for your tractor as soon as possible. I would change all oil and filters if the tractor has been standing for more than 10 years. The hydraulic system has a suction screen under the transmission housing. This screen must be cleaned and the pressure filter behind the rear axle has to be change. Then you have the engine and the steering oil filters that has to be changed. And do not forget to change the oil in the wheel reductions. Use a STOU (Super Tractor Oil Universal), SAE 10W-30 or 15W-30 and GL-4, for engine , steering, transmission and wheel reductions. Use STOU for the front axle differential and SAE 90, GL-4 gear box oil for the front axle planet reductions.

cobbadog
Location: beautiful Coopernook NSW. near Taree. NSW. Australia

Post by cobbadog » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:40 am

I certainly would do full service with oils, filters and coolant. It is hard to think that by doing all these things that it would make it run worse than before. With it sitting still for so long oils and coolants deteriorate so I would make the effort.
The only possibility of something going wrong is if the engine starts running rough due to ceased rings or them loosening up and if this happens it would happen with new or old oils.