Hydraulics!!

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

starider

Hydraulics!!

Post by starider » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:58 pm

Hi,
Almost got the 1412 sorted,one major final problem,to get the lift arms to work I have to push the operating lever forward to lift and pull back to lower.There is a array off hydraulic pipes leading to 4 spool valves and looking under the cab I can see the distribution valve has several hyd.pipes connected to it with one just dangling next to it.I haven't a clue which pipe goes where and what the loose pipe is for. Does anyone have any ideas or can suggest a drawing or picture to help sort this? Many thanks...................................starider :?:

cobbadog
Location: beautiful Coopernook NSW. near Taree. NSW. Australia

Re: Hydraulics!!

Post by cobbadog » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:26 am

As always pictures help to understand your problem.

ollek

Post by ollek » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:34 am

You wrote:"the lift arms to work I have to push the operating lever forward to lift and pull back to lower". This is how the hitch works when you have selected TCU/External on the selector switch. The pressure in the lift cylinder is in this case only 50 bar, and this pressure will not be able to lift any heavy implements. This pressure is called TCU (Traction Control) pressure and this pressure is used to transfer weight from the implement to the tractors rear wheels. For normal use you need to select height position on the selector switch and this is the centre position. The position to the left is called depth control and is used for ploughing. Do you have an Operators Manual for your tractor, and if not, get one soonest. There is no way we can help you with all hoses and so on if you are not able to taker some pictures of the places you are talking about. Then a couple more questions. Does your tractor have double acting valves and does it have a 3-way valve? Have the tractor been equipped with a front loader and the loader valve is left on the tractor after the loader has been removed. Have you had a tractor before and do you understand how a farm tractor shall be used out in the field?

skyrydr2

Post by skyrydr2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:09 am

Could it be- the linkage was removed and re-installed backwards ? (External 3 point lift linkage from lever to control at transmission housing) ?

ollek

Post by ollek » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:41 pm

I don't think it is possible to install any linkage "backwards" in the hydraulic system. What is the maximum pressure you will get in the lift cylinder when the hitch control lever is fully forward? The maximum TCU pressure is 50 bar and the hitch will lift with full pressure (160 bar) only when the control lever is kept fully back against the spring force. Please, supply some pictures of the hoses and pipes you are talking about. Your explanation is unfortunately not adequate in order to give you an answer. The following is a link to a drawing showing the link from the main control lever to the control housing. https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-s ... 8ar1289609 The following link shows the control housing https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-s ... 8ar1289634 The bottom end of part ref 17 in the first link connects to the pin on part 26 in the second link.

starider

Post by starider » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi, yes,I have used tractors on farms for many years,I have the DB 1412 a Fordson Super Major and a Ferguson T20. In the past I have had a DB 995 and a DB 1490, all of which have and do work perfectly.Yes I have a 1412 drivers hand book and followed to the letter[several times]the method of operating the lift arms but still the system doesn't seem to work as it should.I heard today of someone locally who will sort the problem,so thanks for replying........starider :)