Clean 1594 4x4 value

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Ian

Clean 1594 4x4 value

Post by Ian » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi all
This is my first post I am trying to put a value on a clean 1594 commemorative edition 4 wd with what is reputed as under 5000 hours on the clock .
Thanks in advance

Scooby

Re: Clean 1594 4x4 value

Post by Scooby » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:23 am

It can depend on the VIN number of the tractor. Tell us what it is and I will be able to elaborate. The number will begin with 1152.
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

Ian

Post by Ian » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Thanks for the reply i will try and get hold of that info ☺

ollek

Post by ollek » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pm

Model and serial numbers for your tractor are stamped in the locations shown in the following link https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-s ... 75ar750771

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Ian wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:16 pm
Thanks for the reply i will try and get hold of that info ☺
All we need is the VIN number. It should be on a plate on the left hand side of the bell housing. Failing that it should be in the log book (V5)

ImageImage

Ian

Post by Ian » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:49 pm

Hi The reason I said try is that the tractor is around 120 miles away so I am relying on the seller giving me the information if I recieve anything I will pm some details over
Thanks again

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi Ian,
a picture would tell a thousand words....but you probably dont want many to know if its cheap!!

The prices for these tractors are all over the place, 90/94 series are on the up and have been for a while. The Comm edition is essentially a 1594 that came from the factory as a comm but many were badged up as such by dealers trying to sell old stock or sellers afterwards, its not unusual to see early ones with comm badges on. Doesn`t make much difference to the tractor but can to an enthusiast, although at the end of the days its a 1594 4WD with fancy decals on.

There is currently a nice one on e bay from a dealer (if you have not looked) but no mention of hours at £8750 plus vat, the restored ones are £7500-£11k now. Even ex farm rough - tidy stuff is now £4k minimum with hours and I`d doubt you`d find one at that.

Good Luck
Last edited by broadsword on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Is this the one being advertised from Chester ?
ImageImage

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Yes that`s the one David, I assume its not the one that Ian is looking at (its 240 miles Glasgow to Chester).

I`m also unsure it is actually a comm, its got the badges but nothing in the description which makes me suspicious???

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:43 pm

broadsword wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:46 pm
Yes that`s the one David, I assume its not the one that Ian is looking at (its 240 miles Glasgow to Chester).

I`m also unsure it is actually a comm, its got the badges but nothing in the description which makes me suspicious???
He's not in Glasgow Andy, he's in Dumfries & Galloway but even Gretna (Dumfries & Galloway) to Chester is 153 miles. And why no piccies of the inside of the cab.
ImageImage

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:04 pm

I`ll compromise at a long way away - or it seems it when I`m collecting vans / cars from Glasgow.

Not sure on the cab, it looks tidy enough (drivers cab door bottom looks rusty though**). Looks like enough and a bit to me at 8750 plus another 1750 vat but I`m a bit out of touch with 15/16 prices - you hear of daft money being asked for some but they are now a very popular tractor. The 6 pot lads don`t seem to come on here much anymore, they`d have a better idea. Having said that when this type of subject crops up on Facebook the 90/94 series fans appear to have little idea as well judging by some of the valuations :roll:

** New cab doors are available from the DBTC :wink:

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:54 am

broadsword wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:04 pm
Looks like enough and a bit to me at 8750 plus another 1750 vat Nah, worth double that :D but I`m a bit out of touch with 15/16 prices - you hear of daft money being asked for some but they are now a very popular tractor. The 6 pot lads don`t seem to come on here much anymore, No, we too busy enjoying ourselves on our tractors. 8) they`d have a better idea. Having said that when this type of subject crops up on Facebook the 90/94 series fans appear to have little idea as well judging by some of the valuations :roll:
** New cab doors are available from the DBTC :wink:
Hope all is well Andy. Just be careful what you get up to when you're up in Glasgow. I flew into there once and grabbed a train a bit smartish over to Ardrossan and then ferry over to Arran. They were friendly enough over on the island though.
ImageImage

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:44 am

Thanks folks you are correct with you assumption as to were the tractor is I was maybe been a little conservation with the milage having had no reply from the seller on the vin no other than it's done 4700 hours I think I am going to sit back and whatch for a while there will be others I do work in agriculture on a daily basis but am more cow orientated these days but still have my interest in tractors and machinery and cut my teeth on a 780 over 40 years ago :D

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:09 am

Ian wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:44 am
Thanks folks you are correct with you assumption as to were the tractor is I was maybe been a little conservation with the milage having had no reply from the seller on the vin no other than it's done 4700 hours I think I am going to sit back and whatch for a while there will be others I do work in agriculture on a daily basis but am more cow orientated these days but still have my interest in tractors and machinery and cut my teeth on a 780 over 40 years ago :D
Mmmm. Not being overly helpful is he. The reason I asked for the VIN No. is that I have the build records for 1594s and I could have told you what day it went down the line, etc. And the reason I'm interested is because lots of what of what I call "hard sellers" have been known to tart them up and stick Comm. decals on them even if they aren't.
ImageImage

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi scooby no not really but is that not second hand tractor dealers some are straight as a die others well I will say no more should any nos be forthcoming I will pm you them it does look clean maybe to clean I did note the end now on the reg and by the looks of them it was registered close to were I originate from meaning it may of been supplied by green smithy or Haytons from memory Burgess's had no longer a branch in the area at the time that would be new