Oil droplets

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER - Please be aware that any views expressed or advice given on the Forum are purely the opinion of the relevant poster. The David Brown Tractor Club Ltd does not endorse any of the views expressed, or advice thus given. Forum Visitors should be aware that any action they may take as a result of such information is taken at their own risk.

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 19/09/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Patrick98

Oil droplets

Post by Patrick98 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Hello.. I have found a bit of an issue on the right hand side of my 996.. I had her going one day and I felt a bit if a spot on my hand I looked and it was oil (light black).. I looked under the bonnent and seen a load of droplets of oil under the bonnent. Would would this be.. I have checked the engine oil and it seems to be the same level and also the radiator.. it's on the right hand side on the side where the air inlet is on.. anyone have a clue??

Lofty

Re: Oil droplets

Post by Lofty » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:11 pm

It’s a bit hard to see from here. Might be easier to have a look yourself. Take the bonnet off and look for the forward-most, oiliest bit. The droplets will be blowing back from there. When you’ve found the suspect area, clean up, run the tractor and reinspect.

In my case the timing cover seal was leaking and the pulley was flinging oil out, to then be blown back over everything. I think this is a fairly common leak.

Patrick98

Re: Oil droplets

Post by Patrick98 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Ok thank I was looking at it today I think it's a seal but having it checked out