Register for the road

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER - Please be aware that any views expressed or advice given on the Forum are purely the opinion of the relevant poster. The David Brown Tractor Club Ltd does not endorse any of the views expressed, or advice thus given. Forum Visitors should be aware that any action they may take as a result of such information is taken at their own risk.

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email giving your username.

Amended 19/09/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Post Reply
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: Bt344st

Register for the road

Post by Patrick98 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:38 pm

I have a DB 996 q cab.. trying to get it registered.. I have a plate on her and rung the dvla.. the plate doesn't belong to her.. so I have to reregister her.. I have forms here but I have to get a certificate of conformity and I haven't a clue how to get that.. I have nothing with the tractor ie. Old reg books etc.. can anyone help??

User avatar
Posts: 1885
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:01 pm
Location: Monmouthshire

Re: Register for the road

Post by db2d » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:37 pm

Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:27 am
Location: Chester UK

Re: Register for the road

Post by philedge » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:45 pm

To get an age related plate you have to prove the year of manufacture and theclub can date your tractor from photos and the tractor/ engine serial number and provide a letter of auhentication. At the top of the list of forum topics you'll see one called tractor registrations- have a read and contact Peter.

If its a certificate of conformity they want then that may be to prove CE conformance and/or type approval, but would be for newer tractors.
'66 880 Selectamatic rat.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gummy100 and 21 guests