1490 exhaust elbow

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER - Please be aware that any views expressed or advice given on the Forum are purely the opinion of the relevant poster. The David Brown Tractor Club Ltd does not endorse any of the views expressed, or advice thus given. Forum Visitors should be aware that any action they may take as a result of such information is taken at their own risk.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Dsauntson

1490 exhaust elbow

Post by Dsauntson » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:47 am

Hi, I have a 1983 DB 1490.
It has a hole in the exhaust elbow which is slowly getting bigger.
I have been looking for a replacement but am struggling to find one.
Does anyone know where these can be sourced from?
It is an awkward shape to try to weld and I would probably make the hole bigger if I tried.
Fumes in the cab are starting to get a bit much now

Thanks Dave

db2d

Re: 1490 exhaust elbow

Post by db2d » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:06 am

Try Barcley Williams. barcleywilliams.co.uk

SteveCollett

Post by SteveCollett » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Braizing is a good repair easy to do and good on cast

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Just a thought although the casting may be too thin. Could it be drilled out the correct size to screw a self-tapper in and then put a copper washer on it when it is finally inserted ?
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby