DB 880E LS8 loader install issues

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER - Please be aware that any views expressed or advice given on the Forum are purely the opinion of the relevant poster. The David Brown Tractor Club Ltd does not endorse any of the views expressed, or advice thus given. Forum Visitors should be aware that any action they may take as a result of such information is taken at their own risk.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Sir Veyor

DB 880E LS8 loader install issues

Post by Sir Veyor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:20 am

Hello All,

I’m trying to get an LS8 loader back onto an 880E. But it seems like things don’t want to fit easily. It’s probably something straightforward, but it’s not coming to mind right now.

Using the loader manual and looking at the support brackets, it looks like there is an upper “sway” rod with hydraulic fittings on it. And another thinner one with two bolting brackets attached to it. I have both, but can’t seem to figure out where they go. There doesn’t seem to be a diagram showing how they mock up on the tractor.

It appears the sway rod should pass through the round openings in the frame under the fuel tank and bolt together from the outsides of the brackets. And wear marks on the supports also support this. However, the hydraulic fitting on the rod doesn’t appear to allow the rod through the opening. Also, the additional support for the sway rod may be misplaced. Is this a critical part as it’s bolted at each end?

And where would the other rod bolt up? Just in front of the tank, or somewhere else?

Thank you in advance,
SV

1952CROPMASTER

Re: DB 880E LS8 loader install issues

Post by 1952CROPMASTER » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:53 am

Hi S.V.
You have to remove one of the Hyd fittings from the larger pipe in order to pass it through the Clutch Bell Housing, that pipe acts as a support & also supplies oil to the lift Cyl's, when you have it through the Bell Housing there is two special half moon pipes that has to be installed as well, you should install the larger pipe through the Bell Housing before you install the Ldr sub frame.
The smaller pipe fits under the fuel tank support's & the two large bolts that secures the large pipe in place also secures the smaller pipe,
Hope this helps you, how are things in South Branch?

Sir Veyor

Post by Sir Veyor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:27 am

1952CROPMASTER wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:53 am
Hi S.V.
You have to remove one of the Hyd fittings from the larger pipe in order to pass it through the Clutch Bell Housing, that pipe acts as a support & also supplies oil to the lift Cyl's, when you have it through the Bell Housing there is two special half moon pipes that has to be installed as well, you should install the larger pipe through the Bell Housing before you install the Ldr sub frame.
The smaller pipe fits under the fuel tank support's & the two large bolts that secures the large pipe in place also secures the smaller pipe,
Hope this helps you, how are things in South Branch?
I think I only have your old Rogers email address, since you already know the tractor, lol. I tried that before exploring the Internet, but it didn’t go through.

It’s been a bit before I could get to this point, but looking forward to it. The tractor is not longer pretty, though. I had to remove the bonnet. Until I figure out the routing for the replacement cable for stopping the tractor, the bonnet and loader arms together would make it tricky to turn off. So, we may not want to tell a certain someone and cause unhappiness about it’s return to production from “show” status. Maybe next years Canada Day it can be pretty again.

All right. I was leery of removing the fitting altogether and passing the open pipe. Contamination and messing up the fitting seemed like something to avoid.

There are supposed to be two half moon pipes? I only saw one in the loader manual and I haven’t found them with the hoses and cylinders. Some more sorting and checking seems to be needed. They’re probably with the couple of bolts I couldn’t find...

I think I know what you mean for the smaller pipe, but I think it bolts to small brackets off the front of tank. It doesn’t have the right size opening on the tabs to fit with the larger rod. It would be about six inches ahead and four inches above the bell housing openings.

PM me your email address and I’ll be able to send some pictures to make sure I’m following you properly.

Thank you,
SV/Andrew

1952CROPMASTER

Post by 1952CROPMASTER » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi S.V,
P.M me with your phone # & i will call you back, I can't seem to get a PM to you & I know It's the operator not the computer
Thank you
Cropmaster