Interchangeability of parts

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER - Please be aware that any views expressed or advice given on the Forum are purely the opinion of the relevant poster. The David Brown Tractor Club Ltd does not endorse any of the views expressed, or advice thus given. Forum Visitors should be aware that any action they may take as a result of such information is taken at their own risk.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

dartmoor880

Interchangeability of parts

Post by dartmoor880 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:45 am

Having read through the very useful posts on "alternative replacement service parts" i was wondering if anyone had ever compiled a list of parts which might be interchangeable between models in the same range?
Having just got myself an 880 Selectamatic which will require some work and no doubt a few replacement parts, i am particularly interested in whether i could use parts (either new or used) from other models in the range, as an example, i have seen from various parts suppliers websites that the same hydraulic pump is being advertised as fitting many of the Selectamatic models (780, 880, 885, 990, 995, etc),could i then assume that other hydraulic internals may also be common to several models?
I have also seen breakers selling complete engines for an 885 which they say will fit straight into an 880 or 780.

I have a gearbox problem on my 880 and i know of at least three tractors (885, 780) not far away that are scrapped or being broken for spares, would the complete gearbox units from any of these be a straight swap into an 880? or could any parts be used? I understand that some of the gearing may be slightly different, but surely that would not be a major problem?
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but as these scrappers are quite close to home, i thought i may as well ask.
Thanks Roger.

db2d

Re: Interchangeability of parts

Post by db2d » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:00 am

A six speed 780 gearbox will interchange with a six speed 880 unit but 12 speed units are not interchangeable with six speed versions. The 885 has a synchromesh gearbox that is not interchangeable with your 880.
Some of the hydraulic parts and complete units are interchangeable but valves etc are not interchangeable between units.
Be aware that some breakers market parts separately that are matched pairs e.g., crown wheel without the pinion shaft.

ALANJ

Post by ALANJ » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:44 pm

A good point.Selectamaticwise,from 885 to 996, the gearbox unit and main hydraulic pump are common
1210 and 1212 share common engines,clutches ,hydraulic pump and final drives.The SDC valve chest is common to all the above ,irrespective of the S2,S3 or S4 stamped on the underside.Hope this helps.AJK.

dartmoor880

Post by dartmoor880 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:25 am

db2d and AlanJ, thanks, all useful info for when i have to start searching for bits that i might need.
I hope others in the know continue to add to this, it may also be helpful for other.

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi a 1200 cylinder head fits and is the same as a 1494 valves everything the same , did it when the 1494 put a valve head through the original. Great idea doing an interchangeability of parts thread DB didnt change things a lot if they did the job.

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:19 pm

There are many things that interchange front wheels from red 990 to 94 series and starters the same only 6 cylinders are different starters, someone said even the Cropmaster 30c diff crown wheel and pinion is same as 1200 but i am not sure of that, must be heaps of other things let everyone know.

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:09 am

1410 and 1690 share the same manual gearbox and final drives must be heaps of other stuff on all DBs

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Thu May 17, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi moving this thread up anyone found stuff that interchanges cheers