A couple of weeks ago, I put a new battery in the 50TD, cleaned it up and took it to one of our local country shows about 30km north of Toowoomba at Goombungee for a day out with our local vintage machinery club. I picked up this JD 4040 a couple of years ago and now set-up as my tow tractor out on the road. When bought from the original owner, it had only done 2200 hours and previously had a sugarcane planter and spray tank permanently mounted on it so only saw action for a short while once a season. Would have preferred a 1594 or 1694 but these are not seen around here much these days. Only seen 3 advertised in the past 5 years and none of these worth considering due to their condition.
The Chamberlain 9G in the background of the 3rd photo belongs to a friend and is the same as mine.
This is for Members to post their photos. Ideally DB but also Member's photos of working with tractors etc. Inappropriate photos will be deleted and the Member posting them may be banned from this Forum.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 3:21 am
- Location: Gowrie Junction, via Toowoomba, Qld, Australia
- Stopped to check the tie-downs on the way home
- John Deere 4040 with David Brown 50TD on trailer (reduced size).jpg (57.05 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
- Out in the show ring
- 50TD (reduced size).JPG (50.22 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
- On show
- John Deere 4040 & David Brown 50TD (reduced size).jpg (60.41 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest