Case DB Crawlers

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

cobbadog
Location: beautiful Coopernook NSW. near Taree. NSW. Australia

Re: Case DB Crawlers

Post by cobbadog » Tue May 29, 2018 7:46 am

I operated a 450 Case here in Australia for a short time that had a Case backhoe on the back instead of a ripper. It was one very handy machine and was in demand.

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Tue May 29, 2018 9:29 am

Hi cobbadog was that one DB powered or USA Case. cheers Geoff

cobbadog

Post by cobbadog » Wed May 30, 2018 7:45 am

It was a Case powered unit. I have no pics of it either as it was many years ago and I had no camera back then, couldn't afford a box brownie or the film to run it! :lol:

skyrydr2

Post by skyrydr2 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:25 am

The Case 1150 had a 401cid 6 cylinder with 3 heads and no turbo . They were monster pushers. Case had a small version crawler called a 350 as well. These little boggers were also serious pushers vut had steering clutches instead of hydraulic clutch packs like the 450 ,850 and 1150s as well as the 800 terratracs. These units would push hard and maintain full power even when turning unlike the clutched units that disengaged the drive when turning. The others just down shifted the side that you turned to.

bedwards1966

Post by bedwards1966 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:01 pm

skyrydr2 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:25 am
The Case 1150 had a 401cid 6 cylinder with 3 heads and no turbo . They were monster pushers. Case had a small version crawler called a 350 as well. These little boggers were also serious pushers vut had steering clutches instead of hydraulic clutch packs like the 450 ,850 and 1150s as well as the 800 terratracs. These units would push hard and maintain full power even when turning unlike the clutched units that disengaged the drive when turning. The others just down shifted the side that you turned to.
Nice info. And idea what engine was in the 350, I've never even seen one?

skyrydr2

Post by skyrydr2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:28 pm

The 350 crawler had a Case 4 cylinder engine and could have been in both gas or diesel.

cobbadog

Post by cobbadog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:36 am

Maybe the same 4 cylinder diesel engine as used in the Case 580 early series back hoe.

skyrydr2

Post by skyrydr2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:06 pm

It was a smaller engine than the 580 that was in the 450 sized rigs I believe.

John.Newman

Post by John.Newman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:56 pm

Someone I know is looking for a replacement engine for a 580B backhoe/loader, it would have had the Case engine fitted and if a replacement can not be found, what alternative engine could be adapted to fit? Someone else was using it and left it parked with the exhaust left uncovered and the engine filled up with water.

cobbadog

Post by cobbadog » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:29 am

As the 580 engines are a wet sleeve affair it should be totally rebuildable with no problems. After that choice there are wreckers for these machines and simply Google case wreckers Australia and you can then source your parts.
I have found memories of operating the 580B model back hoes.

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Moving this thread up as i think these crawlers are of great interest, most likely the last and least known of the DB powered crawlers,what was the last years they were made and how many, did present owners purchase them new more information would be really great.

cobbadog

Post by cobbadog » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:58 am

Hi John, how did you go searching a rebuild kit for the 580B? I too had a lot of fun on one and even the earlier model. They were a good machine to operate.

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:06 am

Looks like bedwards and his friend are the only ones that have these crawlers on the forum, the link ollek put on appears to be a 1410-1490-1494 turbo engine relating to Case 850 , no other information on them, it appears the DB motors were also used in Case wheel backhoes, i havent yet found if any came to New Zealand maybe there are some in Europe but there is not the connection to the Forum. How many were actually DB powered is somewhat a mystery and present owners have some of the rarest DB Cases made.

Lofty

Post by Lofty » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:34 am

Maybe there’s none around because Jack Braithwaite has them all.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gRVVvtZ9SzM

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:53 am

Hi Lofty good link but those ones are true DB crawlers much earlier than the Case DB powered ones. cheers Geoff