David brown 995

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Scooby

Re: David brown 995

Post by Scooby » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:11 pm

philedge wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Nooooo. On my 1967 880 its in front of the radiator and the bonnet definitely needs to come off to see it clearly. If you take the battery out it can be seen from the battery compartment once its been cleaned up.
Don't think so. Just had it confirmed by Alan Kellet that the VIN No. is behind the radiator, not in front of it. Your tractor is an 880. The OP's is a 990. I bought a new 990 in August 1967(F reg) Extras included 12 speed box, stabiliser bars, 36" rear tyres and 600-19 fronts. I think lights may have also been an extra in those days ! All for the princely sum of £1,002 19/- That's nineteen shillings or 95p
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

philedge

Post by philedge » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Ok. Its just that the picture of the red 770 was used to guide me previously to the rear of the radiator which was wrong. I take it that its just the 880 or all 3 cylinder engines that have the number in front of the rad??
'66 880 Selectamatic rat.

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:57 pm

philedge wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:15 pm
Ok. Its just that the picture of the red 770 was used to guide me previously to the rear of the radiator which was wrong. I take it that its just the 880 or all 3 cylinder engines that have the number in front of the rad??
The photo. wasn't wrong at all. It's my red 770, a 3 cylinder engine, and the VIN is to the rear of the radiator as shown.
ImageImage

philedge

Post by philedge » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:32 am

No one said the photo was wrong.

I said it was used to guide me(with an 880) and that guidance is wrong, as the 880 serial number is in front of the rad,.

I was hoping to get some clarification as to whether its all white 3 cylinder tractors that have the number in front of the rad or just the 880 or indeed just mine.

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:55 am

My guidance was for the OP. He has a 990. My photo. was to guide him where to find the VIN. No need for the "Nooo"
ImageImage

philedge

Post by philedge » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:28 am

Apologies for the noooo! I was getting carried away with previous confusion over serial number location.

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:39 am

philedge wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:28 am
Apologies for the noooo! I was getting carried away with previous confusion over serial number location.
Thank you and accepted.
ImageImage

33bk

Post by 33bk » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:40 am

I’ve got the log splitter on it today and I can’t get the arms to lower the leaver on the left just spin “push to engage “

Cheers all

philedge

Post by philedge » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:34 pm

You need to take the weight off the link arms before turning the lever clockwise to release the latch. You can lift them by hand if theres no load on them or use the hydraulics/jack if they are loaded. As you turn the lever you'll see the latch rise out of its housing. If the lever just spins then you'll need to dismantle tofind out whats broken/slipping.