Oil filter 50TD crawler

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

erikstenvall

Oil filter 50TD crawler

Post by erikstenvall » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Hi
I have a hard time finding an oil filter that fits my 50TD crawler, does anyone have any input on this matter?
Thanks
Erik
Oil filter 50TD.jpg
Oil filter 50TD.jpg (82.83 KiB) Viewed 2061 times

db2d

Re: Oil filter 50TD crawler

Post by db2d » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:59 pm

The original filter was a Purolator MF.35A The Fram equivalent is CH---885 PL G.U.D. GP.166. Crosland. 426
MANN H.916x

The height is 101.60 mm. Diameter 88.13mm. Central hole diameter 17.96mm. Filtering area 3174 sq.c/m

If you find an equivalent please let us know

erikstenvall

Post by erikstenvall » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:31 am

OK, thanks/Erik

John.Newman

Post by John.Newman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Erik, my 50TD Mk2 was only fitted with a single filter housing and to improve oil filter efficiency (filtering and oil flow), I made up a steel adapter plate which was drilled & tapped to take a pair of hydraulic hoses connected to a remote mounted filter. Filter heads are readily available and the filter I used is the same as used on 6.354 Perkins engines and not expensive. The filter was mounted on the back of the air filter mounting bracket. More photos can be posted in a few days. On the photo below, the remote mounted filter can be seen behind the air cleaner and blade hoses & pipes.
Regards,
John
Attachments
IMG_9846-0001.jpg
IMG_9846-0001.jpg (148.67 KiB) Viewed 2009 times

erikstenvall

Post by erikstenvall » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:05 am

Very good idea indeed! Please post more pictures. Found a pair of NOS filters but I have two more 50TD so this can be a future Project.
Regards
Erik Stenvall

John.Newman

Post by John.Newman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:26 am

Erik,
Here are two photos that show how I connected up and mounted my filter. The adapter plate bolted to the block is 12 mm thick steel which was faced up using emery paper on a piece of plate glass and the hoses are 12 mm single wire braid hydraulic hoses. I also fitted a hydraulic test point fitting to the filter head for connecting up an accurate test gauge.
Attachments
IMG_0581 (Copy).JPG
IMG_0581 (Copy).JPG (118.21 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
IMG_0582 (Copy).JPG
IMG_0582 (Copy).JPG (91.05 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
IMG_0583 (Copy).JPG
IMG_0583 (Copy).JPG (85.42 KiB) Viewed 1911 times

erikstenvall

Post by erikstenvall » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:26 pm

Very Nice and tidy. This a good way to go around the oil filter problem.
/Erik

db2d

Post by db2d » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:24 pm

There are filters available that can be very easily adapted to suit with the addition of a thin washer. I wrote the number somewhere,but sorry , I can not find it .