1210 clutch housing

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

wyrmat1

1210 clutch housing

Post by wyrmat1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:08 pm

trying to remove this at present, have all bolts undone and steering box removed, the housing is tight, are there any bits i may have missed, hidden bolts etc or will it need a bit of persuasion

ollek

RE: 1210 clutch housing

Post by ollek » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:39 pm

Have you removed the 4 bolts that holds the front of the gear box cover to the clutch cover and the wedge from between these two parts? Why are you removing the clutch cover? It is not possible to remove the clutch as the pto drive shaft is inside the transmission clutch shaft and the transmission clutch drive shaft is in one piece between the clutch and the 12-speed gear box. For a clutch repair you need to split the tractor between the engine and the cultch cover / gear box frame.

wyrmat1

Post by wyrmat1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:18 pm

i am having problems withe clutch engasgement so i am checking from the top before i go further, tghere is a 990 getting the clutch done next farm to me, the fitter has removed, clutch housing, steering box, gearbox cover and pto housing, this allows full access to draw the pto shaft and remove clutch without splitting tractor, assuming same can be done with the 1210

JamesF

Post by JamesF » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:09 pm

I never understand why people change clutches in Db tractors without splitting them.

It's far easier and quicker than taking the gearbox top cover off and the pto unit off , draining the oil out etc all of which is unnecessary on a 990. Far easier and quicker to just roll the two halves apart fit a new clutch and roll it back together

ollek

Post by ollek » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:36 am

JamesF is absolutely right. Changing the clutch in a DB tractor working from the top is time consuming. Splitting the tractor is the way the manufacturer recommended and this is the best way of doing it.

bedwards1966

Post by bedwards1966 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:02 pm

People sometimes seem to have a mental block about splitting tractors, as though it's a mammoth task. Really, with a trolley jack and smooth floor it's very straightforward and requires very little in the way of mechanical ability, it's just plain unbolting things.

richbug

Post by richbug » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:56 pm

did you pop out the wedge at the rear of the cover? It is clamped in by 4 horizontal bolts that are in the little holes under the steering box. Bolt by oil filter? Starter bolts?

I still like to look at a clutch while the cover is off to make sure everything is happening the way I want. For a clutch first timer it is very informative.

On a 1210 even once the cover is loose, you have to split it about an inch before the cover will lift off as the rear has a lip that fits under the transmission cover. Even when you do get the cover off you still have to split it to change the clutch.
Users: 780, 1210 Bottle Opener, 1494 4wd open station with 74L, 990, 1394, 1194 High Clearance, another 1394, 1194 LCG, 1290 with 56L, 900, 885 with LS8, 885, 1190

1200, 900 projects, 780,

Parts: 3800, 1200, 1394, 1412, 1490, 770, 885, 990SEL, Red 990I,