2 little holes

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

paul-jackson

2 little holes

Post by paul-jackson » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:00 pm

hello , thank you in advance, 1190. Had a wiff of warm diesel for some time (,occasional,) I have now found where its coming from. On the spill/return pipe from the injectors the line goes to a very small cylinder ( about 2 inch deep, at the rear of the engine)looks like a fuel reservoir for the thermo start, From this cylinder there is one thin fuel pipe that does go to cold start ,the other pipe returns to the fuel tank, in this return pipe , at the connection with the small cylinder (metal connection) there is two very tiny holes, these weep fuel and it runs down the pipe. WHY, any ideas please. (the return pipe is not blocked)
rgds to all Paul Jackson

case-ih1594

RE: 2 little holes

Post by case-ih1594 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi, breather holes ?

tractolover

Post by tractolover » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:56 pm

If I am not mistaken (which I may be), that "cylinder" is a gauze filter?

The cold start gets its fuel supply from the leak off pipe from the injectors.
1981 Davy Brown 1490

paul-jackson

2 little holes

Post by paul-jackson » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:58 am

Morning all, can anybody add to my post of yesterday, please
rgds Paul Jackson

case-ih1594

RE: 2 little holes

Post by case-ih1594 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi, are they actually drilled holes or rust holes ?

If rust holes then mystery solved. I have never noticed holes there, in which case the easiest thing may be to replace the leaking connector.

The cold start gets it's supply from the small plastic 'barrel' reservoir. As I said I think they may be breather holes to allow air into the reservoir, in which case they need to remain unblocked.

http://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-se ... 26ar853055