25d info required please

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

thomasven

25d info required please

Post by thomasven » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 pm

hi i bought a david brown 25d a little while ago it is a 1954 one reg rbj 256 ser no pd25/12354 i wondered if anyone knows whether this is one of the earlier or later types and what features it should have i know it does have a injector pump with pneumatic governor and external pump drive coupling
as you can tell i know very little about these tractors but i have only spent my life (only 19 years) with the white dbs 1 1494 1 1210 1 880 and 1 1200

thanks in advance

Tom
1 880 selectamatic
1 1200 selectamatic
1 1210
1 25d (seized engine project tractor)

ollek

RE: 25d info required please

Post by ollek » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:54 am

The 25D was introduced 1953 and the serial numbers starts with 10001. The last 25D was produced in 1958 and the serial number for this tractor was 21318.

thomasven

Post by thomasven » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:55 pm

thank you would that make mine a earlier or later type one? as looking at parts and they speak of earlier and later type tractors
1 880 selectamatic
1 1200 selectamatic
1 1210

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:14 pm

My 25D is a very early one, they were first produced October 1953, mine is April 54. To all intense and purposes the very early ones were a diesel Cropmaster with subtle differences but retained the Cropmaster lift linkage, link drop arm attached drawbar and also a great proportion of the grease nipples were of the brass hexagon type.

thomasven

Post by thomasven » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Oh right mine is sept 1954 it has linkage with pins that slide accross to lock it in the top and bottom positions and a single hydraulic lever mounted on the wing and the hand throttle is on the left hand side below the dashboard and has a cav inline injector pump with a pneumatic governor controlled off the inmet manifold and an external injector pump drive coupling d
1 880 selectamatic
1 1200 selectamatic
1 1210