DB Club in Australia

It is intended that group Members should email events@dbtc.co.uk to have their events posted here. It is recommended that members of this group have the email option set to always inform them of new posts.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:20 pm

Sorry to hi-jack this topic Tom but just logged in and noticed that the last post on the Forum was from you and it was nearly 12 hours ago so wanted to find out if something had gone wrong with the site.
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Nope. Everything seems to be O.K. Where's everybody gone ????? Come back everybody. I didn't mean what I said. Don't leave me here all alone. It's dark in here. :shock:
ImageImage

tomwill

Post by tomwill » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Gee David perhaps You and I are the only ones LEFT///. CheersTW.

wheeler

Post by wheeler » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:32 am

BOOO!!!!!!!

cobbadog
Location: beautiful Coopernook NSW. near Taree. NSW. Australia

Post by cobbadog » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:28 am

Hi Everyone,
My name is John and I am new to this Forum. I have just tried to contact Tom Williams via his email address listed on previous page but it has bounced back. Does anyone have a more recent address to conct Tom on??

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:00 am

Morning John and welcome to the David Brown Tractor Club web site. I have PM'd you with Tom's email address.
ImageImage

cobbadog

Post by cobbadog » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:55 am

Hi Scooby,
Thank you for your warm welcome and also for sending the PM. I double checked my spelling and resent the email to Tom but it bounced straight back in less than a minute.I am only guessing that Toms inbox is full and bigpond wont allow anymore emails in.
Once I have been able to make contact with Tom I would like to be a part of the CLub, but in the mean time we need to find and buy our first tractor, a David Brown 30D Cropmaster. SO if anyone has one for sale on the Mid North Coast of NSW please let us know. It is very important that it is a 2 seater, as my wife Dee and I enjoy going on tractor treks with our Club but having to borrow a tractor to do so.

I also have a question regarding Cropmasters. I know that many were made as either petrol or petrol/kero but were any ever made as a diesel?

I am looking forward to actually buying our David Brown and also being involved with this Forum.
Cheers,
John & Dee

tomwill

Post by tomwill » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:55 pm

John you should be able to contact me on my email, however if not please ring me on 0428669404, i have a DB30d for sale. Cheers TOM WILLIAMS.

tomwill

Post by tomwill » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:07 am

Back again John your inquiry regarding cropmasters there is cropmaster diesel began in 1949 which set the tractor world alight,in turn it carried on into the 2 seat 30d with a slightly bigger engine the one you are looking for .Cheers TW.

cobbadog

Post by cobbadog » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:18 am

Been in contact with Tomm and it was a pleaseure to talk to him. Looking at an auction being held tomorrow and later tonight getting more information about the tractor before going on a long journey to buy it, maybe. Like so many things what it is for sale for and what it is worth can conflict at times. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Also, I know that Daid Brown Tractors that we are looking at buying have a brass plate riveted onto the dash board with engine, chasis and model numbers but where on the Tractor are they stamped?? I have looked for an engine number for hours but can't find where it is. Any help is appreciated.

jules

Post by jules » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:43 am

Sale alert!

Looks a bit like a 25C or D to me but others will be more able to make a definitive judgement;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DAVID-BROWN- ... 19cabf86da

jules

tomwill

Post by tomwill » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:07 am

The next DBTC of AUSTRALIA will be held at the Commercial Hotel at Ballan Victoria at 6.00 pm 19th FEB 2012 followed by a dinner. This is in conjuntion with the Ballan vintage machinery rally, DAVID BROWN being the featured tractor. For further details call me on 042866940 .Cheers TOM WILLIAMS.

cobbadog

Post by cobbadog » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:48 am

Sorry for the delayed response but thank you Jules for posting that 25C. I had been watching that one and 2 others but with no outcome. We are looking at one locally this weekend so hopefully all will be good. I am not expecting much with the one we are looking at as the asking price alone is low. Time will tell.

cobbadog

Post by cobbadog » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:58 am

Went to look at the tractor this morning. As expected not as complete as I would like but the basics are good. Missing scuttle plate and side covers which a re a big problem as they appear to be almost impossible to get.
How can I tell the approximate age of the tractor?
Engine Number starts with CAK . 4 - 3 . 6072
Tractor number is 2 - 45770
Are these the numbers to work out its age?
We checked all the oils and water and non were mixed which is good. Put fuel i9n the tank hooked a battery up and it burst into life instantly. Had a strange sound when taking off, sounded like brakes were shuddering but it drove ok once rolling. Any clues to this possible problem?

cobbadog

Post by cobbadog » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Found the info here in this Forum,
CAK - cropmaster type, agricultural & kero
4 cylinder
3 - 3 5/8" bore
6072 - engine number

Tractor Serial number is a 'P' not '2' and the numbers 45770 date it as 1953 - 1954.

Anyone know where I can ourchase a scuttle plate and side covers?