Dynamometer day

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Madders

Dynamometer day

Post by Madders » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Thanks to Mike Amos of Lynx engineering for bringing the dyno again, he keeps coming to our events even though the majority of exhibitors are big soft nancyboys!!

Special mention to the 2 arch ladyboys 6 pot Phil and Young Mr Firth, come on girls it's dynotherapy or the heads off and up and down with the glazebuster!!! :D :D

The old 1594 of the clubs own stock had a good warm through but delivered a disapointing 74 hp on the shaft, it had Marshy ready with his hand on the pto clutch like Clint Eastwood in a quick draw contest.....

Mike Funnells 1390 put more gas down the breather than out the top and the old 770 shrugged off it's ritualistic beating again with a black exhaust and a nervy owner!!

It's a shame that we destroyed Broadswords 990, he won't be happy when he gets back from Espania and there's a cardboard box of pistons and shells outside his crypt!!!.

True to form I have a 1390 to collect this week ex Lincolnshire, just after the 90 series event...DOH!

Still, at least I'll have a cab over my head for the December roadrun...don't want to get my lovely hair wet do I...
:shock: :shock:
Last edited by Madders on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[.................................[/size] Image

bonserdb

RE: Dynamometer day

Post by bonserdb » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:04 pm

what did your little girl kick out madders?

did 6 pot test his?

matt
proud owner of a beloved bonser90d, 880 selectamatic and 1490 2wd synchro, and the mighty 1594!

6-POT-PHIL
Location: Huddersfield, W Yorks. (Home of David Brown Tractors)

Post by 6-POT-PHIL » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:14 pm

No i did'nt Matt cos i did'nt have any spare rods with me to get home!
1961 850 Implematic Ex DB test tractor (now sold)
1960 950 Implematic
1970 990 12 speed Selectamatic
1976 996 Loader tractor
1987 'E' 1594 4WD Hydra-Shift
1985 'C' 1694 4WD Hydra-Shift
ImageImage

Six in line sounds mighty fine!!

Madders

RE: Dynamometer day

Post by Madders » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:15 pm

35 ON THE SHAFT AND NO FUNNY LEAKING OR CRYING...6 POT IS CHIEF DYNO DODGING FAIRY IN THIS VALLEY AND WILL BE HOUNDED OUT AND AND FORCED TO MOVE TO SOMEWHERE AWFUL LIKE..... MACCLESFIELD OR LUTON!! HE'LL BE IN COMPANY AS JAMESF WITH HIS BIG GAY 1690 JIBBED AS WELL! WHERE'S MARTIN GEORGE WHEN YOU NEED HIM TO SHOW THESE BUGGERS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT.. HIS WOULD HAVE HAD A GOOD WORKOUT TODAY, NO WORRIES!!

STILL, PHIL HAS A COAT FOR HIS DOG IN WINTER AND STILL HAS CAREBEAR JIMJAMS ACCORDING TO HIS DAD.

6-POT-PHIL

Re: RE: Dynamometer day

Post by 6-POT-PHIL » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:24 pm

Madders wrote:
STILL, PHIL HAS A COAT FOR HIS DOG IN WINTER AND STILL HAS CAREBEAR JIMJAMS ACCORDING TO HIS DAD.
No Chris, they are banana man ones now, you stole the carebear ones off me last week!

Phil :P
1960 950 Implematic
1976 996 Loader tractor
ImageImage

Madders

RE: Re: RE: Dynamometer day

Post by Madders » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:27 pm

good to know you think about me in your pyjamas.....just nipping down to bolt the front door and bring the 12 gauge upto bed........

mburns

dynamometer day

Post by mburns » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:30 pm

I see it a little clearer now madders with this tractor restoration busines , some of us get a tractor fix the obvious and then work it hard to find the rest of the faults then fix them and go for the plush respray safe in the knowledge that are engines are good and some go for the full respray and forever drive round ( very slowly at 1500 rpm )scared sh****ss they are going to blow it to bits :lol:

Martin :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:31 pm

Oh dear, it must be Sunday evening again !!! This Forum goes extrovert on a Sunday evening. Is it just Yorkshire folk ?

6-POT-PHIL

Re: dynamometer day

Post by 6-POT-PHIL » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:35 pm

mburns wrote:I see it a little clearer now madders with this tractor restoration busines , some of us get a tractor fix the obvious and then work it hard to find the rest of the faults then fix them and go for the plush respray safe in the knowledge that are engines are good and some go for the full respray and forever drive round ( very slowly at 1500 rpm )scared sh****ss they are going to blow it to bits :lol:

Martin :D
Martin, i drive with my foot to the floor (2400rpm) everywhere but that dyno makes them bleed!

I have some picies of your 1394, will post tomorrow.

Phil
1960 950 Implematic
1976 996 Loader tractor
ImageImage

Madders

Post by Madders » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:35 pm

after chapel we are free to camp it up 'till next Sunday!!

Madders

RE: .....

Post by Madders » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:39 pm

no point mending them and leaving them on the rug by the woodburner, they're tractors and run on diesel and occasionally need some pain to keep em in line, if they pop, thy're not right and need sorting, a good tractor will be better for a spell on the 'rack'!!!! a poorly tractor will be sick and slope off to bed with a lemsip and a good book, plus all the spectators are secretly longing for a blow up!

ttpilot

RE: .....Faint Of HEART!!!

Post by ttpilot » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:18 am

Sounds like you lad's had a bit of fun playing with the dyno! Over here we dont have to play with the dyno we just hook the drag sled and see what they do! Have never seen a david brown die for power yet ! Now they will spin out but never power out ! I have had 8000 lb of steel hung on the old croppie and god knows what on the sled and she still spins out 950 of Frank's 9000 lb this summer still spun out. Shame some of you boys can't come play! Though I realize some would faint at the sight of a loaded drag I guess these things like dyno's and pulling are for the Bolder devil may care types that belive that the old girls are made to work and should be made fit to do so! The rest can apply polish and admire the shine. We have a few over here that are faint of heart you'll never see a bit of mud or a spot of oil on their nice new paint ! My two cents worth! Doug :twisted: :D

jazo

Post by jazo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:40 am

so was there any other tractors on the dyno? best thing for a tractor is a dyno, specaily for running in!
1694 4wd
1394 4wd
1294 4wd
30D
990x2
780x2

RWSykes

Post by RWSykes » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 pm

Dear Admin,
Sunday? No - we can do silly all week here in Yorkshire.
I think I must have missed the point with the dyno. I thought these tractors had wheels so they could do their 'hard work' whilst moving. I obvoiusly don't get the same pleasure as some seem to get from watching a tractor not moving. Next they'll be joining the 'Stationery Engine Club' and sitting smoking a pipe wearing a moleskin waistcoat while the thing chugs away.
I've probably started somtheing I shouldn't now.......

jimc1390

Post by jimc1390 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:18 pm

had my 15 a few months now and has already had 2 pulling sessions in comps, idea of this is to find every little leak and problem before the paint goes on!! last session was pulling a claas axion and massive set of discs, work you bitch lol
db 990 selectamatic
case ih 1594 com ed
db 1390 gd90 loader