DB attachments

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

DChandler

DB attachments

Post by DChandler » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:16 pm

Good day All,
I have noticed that there was and is an enormous amount of discussion topics on the DB tractor only. I was wondering since I am no expert on the DB history whether the company made attachments as well, like a fanner, bailer, auger, cultivator. I know they made a backhoe!
If the company did make other equipment are they still floating aground?
Is there less interest in this area?
Was it good equipment like the tractor is?

Just curious!

Cheers Don

Scooby

Re: DB attachments

Post by Scooby » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:35 pm

DChandler wrote:Was it good equipment like the tractor is?

Just curious!

Cheers Don
Most of it was.
Image Image

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

Eric_T

Post by Eric_T » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:00 pm

Hello,

Most of the implements I have either used or heard about were considered to be amongst the best in its day. Only one implement, the innovative 'crosswise' baler, which differing from the standard design of dropping bales behind, rather to its left, which I have heard mixed oppinions about. I know of a farm who purchased one new, kept indoors under sacks, oiled every year serviced before every season, never missed a bale, best baler they ever had they reconed, however, about three miles away from that farm, a David Brown Baler was promptly relageated and replaced by a Jones baler due to it being ' the worst thing ever to come down the lane'

The Loaders were fantastic, could lift a house, very well designed also, there are failures, however, these loaders have done several thousand hours work before requiring repair.

The ploughs were also very good, I personally think that the 'C' type plough was a fantastic little plough, however, it was by then too small to compeate against the larger manufactures who were flooding the market. If the 'C' was launched 20 years earlier however...

Unfortunately, toward the end, the products were showning their age and starting to lag behind compared to the competition. Development was costly and in all probabillity, DB and then Tennaco were too concerned in producing Tractors, which was their bread and butter.

Regards

Eric

DChandler

Post by DChandler » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:56 pm

That too bad. I would have liked to expand the David brown equipment series because I find the tractor unit will thought-out and durable.
But hey not the end of the world.

Eric are you from North America or Europe or Australia. Was the availably different of these attachments between the three areas?

Cheers Don

Eric_T

Post by Eric_T » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:19 am

Hello,

Im from Wales, I would assume that all attachments offered by DB were available over here (with exception of the Disc Plough?)

Regards

Eric

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:40 am

Eric, I've just moved to Wales but I know that it was always a good market for DB stuff in the Principality. Still lots of DB & DB/Case tractors about at work.
Image Image

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

Eric_T

Post by Eric_T » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:38 pm

Hello,

This is very true, DB was strong over here, good dealers and loyal customers. Many DB's are still working for a living all over the place.

However, the last full range of implements that DB made were in the 50's, the range dwindeled more and more, untill they only made front end loaders.

This means that the DB machinery is by now vintage old kit, not much use for modern farming, and trade in, export or scrap prices have historically being high (as well as low), many of this machinery has now gone.

But, as i say, many David Brown Tractors, are still earning their keep all over Wales.

Regards

Eric

RitchieLeslie

DB baler in Ontario

Post by RitchieLeslie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:42 pm

Don

Elmer has a DB baler in excellent shape in SW Ontario. He found it in a barn up in the Bruce peninsula for a couple of hundred bucks... it's the only one in Canada that I have run into.

Ritchie

Paul-Dale

Post by Paul-Dale » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:54 pm

Didnt D.B do the albion range of implimants ?

DChandler

Post by DChandler » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:57 pm

Hello Guys
So I guess what I am hearing is that if you find something hold on to it. 
It is funny how one product did so well and the other lines not as much.

Cheers Don

ttpilot

implements

Post by ttpilot » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:31 am

I know of a fellow who has a pretty nice collectionof db implements here in nova scotia he was a dealer for some time he still has a david brown potatoe digger Glen was down awhile ago and he filmed him demonstrating the digger on the back of a cropmaster the old guy is 82 and still quite active in these parts he loves the antique tractor show's and pulls his collection of david brown equipment is impressive to say the least

vak1c100

RE: implements

Post by vak1c100 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:53 am

although living in the uk i do frequent the australian ebay site and have never seen one of these implements in england.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Saw-implement_W0 ... dZViewItem

DChandler

RE: implements

Post by DChandler » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:00 pm

Hello All,
ttpilot, Glenn showed me the potato digger, which is very neat, I would like to see that thing running just to see how she works.. He also showed me the plough that another member has WOW. Looks real sharp.

VAk1c100 – Is this also a David Brown attachment? Looks very dangerous! Would not want to get anything caught in that guy!

Cheers Don

vak1c100

Post by vak1c100 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:27 pm

I believe it to be a David Brown implement, i have seen a red version on a david brown publicity film. I found this picture which i saved from an internet page ages ago. shows a few more implements.

Eric_T

Post by Eric_T » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:24 am

Are these Implements made by DB or just Badged up or recomended?

Early Selectamatic Operators Manuals have two or three pages at the back detailing implements that DB recommended for use with their tractors.

Regards

Eric