Dolanog Road Run. 04/10/08

This forum is an area where any registered member can post their photos of any previous event. Any photo that is unsuitable for viewing will be deleted and the user will be at risk of being deleted.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Scooby

Dolanog Road Run. 04/10/08

Post by Scooby » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:19 pm

A few piccies of today's run. The first is a very nice Croppy.

There was only one aother DB amongst us.

Going up through the woods.

We went and had a look at the small turbines on the Vyrnwy at Dolanog. The first one is of one of the self-cleaning sluices, the other two are in the turbine house.

Image Image Image

Some crossed the Vyrnwy by water....

Others took the high road.

Image Image
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:14 pm

Some great photos Scooby and some nice looking tractors - I take it anything with the word Ferguson on it is quite popular in Wales - looks like you were ambushed!!!
Did we wet the Tyres on the 1594 or go by bridge???

Are the turbines on the national grid or just supplying local/farm electricity needs - looks an interesting day out

Regards
Andy

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:33 pm

Great pics Scooby, looks like a good day out was had. Cheers,
Steve.

jearl

Post by jearl » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:14 am

Thanks for the great pics Scooby - looks like a very interesting day - wish we had rivers like that here in WA - what was the MFWD MF in front of the grey Fergie on the bridge - looks similar to my friends MF 3050

I take it that the man in front of the 1594 was the proud owner

:) :)

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:47 am

broadsword wrote:Some great photos Scooby and some nice looking tractors - I take it anything with the word Ferguson on it is quite popular in Wales - looks like you were ambushed!!!
Did we wet the Tyres on the 1594 or go by bridge???

Are the turbines on the national grid or just supplying local/farm electricity needs - looks an interesting day out

Regards
Andy
Morning Andy. Yes, very good day. Fergys are popular everywhere. They still get muck in their fuel tanks though. . :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: 1594 was 2nd in line and went via the bridge. Never thought about going through the water . Doh. Turbines keep the local village going and put the rest into the National Grid. I can't for the life of me see why this can't be done say every mile down the rivers. It's not intrusive and nothing gets wasted. Between them they can do 180 Kva I think. does that sound about right ? David.
Steve1210 wrote:Great pics Scooby, looks like a good day out was had. Cheers,
Steve.
Thanks Steve, yup, start and finish at the pub. Good day out. David.
jearl wrote:Thanks for the great pics Scooby - looks like a very interesting day - wish we had rivers like that here in WA - what was the MFWD MF in front of the grey Fergie on the bridge - looks similar to my friends MF 3050

I take it that the man in front of the 1594 was the proud owner

:) :)
Thanks Julian,

I'm going back today to take some piccies of the Vyrnwy, we've had 2 inches of rain in the night and it's still hooting it down. Massey is a 3065. Man if front of 1594 is a grumpy old sod. Nobody will have anything to do with him. David. :D :D :D :D :D
ImageImage

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:01 pm

I went back this morning after 2 inches of rain during the night and found this.

Good job he didn't try this today.

The turbine sluice is in the distance by the danger sign. The weir is really busy and noisy today.

Even the dam at Lake Vyrnwy was running over this morning.

ImageImage