It's what they were made for - proper job.

This is for Members to post their own videos or even videos they find on other websites that are David Brown related. Ideally DB but also Member's videos of working with tractors etc. Inappropriate videos will be deleted and the Member posting them may be banned from this Forum.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Scooby

It's what they were made for - proper job.

Post by Scooby » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:31 am

This is in HD and so if the YT server is busy then it will be a stop/start video.

I have attempted a bit of voice over on this so you may wish to turn the sound off. :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CflwhIrq-L4
Image Image

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

6-POT-PHIL
Location: Huddersfield, W Yorks. (Home of David Brown Tractors)

Post by 6-POT-PHIL » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:34 pm

Good video Scooby, who says men carn't multi task :lol:

Much prefer the noise the tractor is making though compared to the drivers voice! :lol: :lol:

Phil :D
1961 850 Implematic Ex DB test tractor (now sold)
1960 950 Implematic
1970 990 12 speed Selectamatic
1976 996 Loader tractor
1987 'E' 1594 4WD Hydra-Shift
1985 'C' 1694 4WD Hydra-Shift
ImageImage

Six in line sounds mighty fine!!

jimc1390

Post by jimc1390 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:21 pm

inspired to get a dp8 now lol, flat lifting with mine next few day, hopefully video that
db 990 selectamatic
case ih 1594 com ed
db 1390 gd90 loader

eddiem

Post by eddiem » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Very interesting video - thanks for sharing it.Your 1594 is pulling the plough very well.

Oz

Post by Oz » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:27 pm

After you mentioned it on the other post I hunted the film down. Great video. I think the camera work is very well done and the voice over was interesting as well as being well timed against the various things happening.

I'm astonished by how smoothly that hydrashift shifts - It looked like it was swapping cogs more neatly than our new case mxu115.

It looks like you have a nicer soil structure in the midlands than we have down here - how deep does your topsoil go? After about 6 inches we get down to the clay, which makes life hard for the tractor on the subsoiler!

TEZB

Post by TEZB » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:02 pm

As you say a perfect match, we could be mistaken for being 20 year's younger here

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:08 am

Thank you Oz for the kind remarks. I'm not in the Midlands in this video, I am doing a bit of contract ploughing for a neighbour in Wales. I am about 900 ft up in this field.

It is quite light soil, far lighter than anything that I farmed in Warwickshire although I did go on to farms all over there when I was contracting and ploughed all sorts of stuff. From the blue lias down in the South of the County to some soot with a lot of stones in it towards the North. And there are a couple of areas of grade 1 red land in Warwickshire and I've ploughed on that a few times. That's lovely stuff to plough and if it's dry enough the mouldboards shine as if they are chromium plated. It's wierd.

I have finally cracked this video editing malarky, Hell's Bells, that was a bit of a struggle. And my Son got me one of those Bluetooth dongle jobbies and I stick that in the USB hub and put my earpiece on and can do voice-overs and move/edit/erase the audio clips which means that I can position any comments where I like. But I feel a bit of a pratt sitting in front of the pc talking to the monitor. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Mrs. Scooby doesn't take any notice of what I get up to any more. She's had more than 40 years of watching me act strangely. :D :D :D :D :D But she held the camcorder and so I'll thank her and pass on all your comments.

As they say, it's easy when you know how.
Image Image

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:10 am

TEZB wrote:As you say a perfect match, we could be mistaken for being 20 year's younger here

Yes TEZB, things worked out right. I had all the tinwork re-sprayed on the tractor about 6 months ago and as the commentary says I steam-cleaned the plough before using it. I've never done that before. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Image Image