David Brown Trackmaster crawler engine rebuild

This is for Members to post their own videos or even videos they find on other websites that are David Brown related. Ideally DB but also Member's videos of working with tractors etc. Inappropriate videos will be deleted and the Member posting them may be banned from this Forum.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Carl Hargreaves

David Brown Trackmaster crawler engine rebuild

Post by Carl Hargreaves » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:53 pm

Hi all,
Recently joined up on here. Here is a link to a little slide show of the rebuild of my 1950 DB Trackmaster crawler. serial number 23 out 700 manufactured so I've been told.
When I bought it, she was gaining coolant in the engine oil. When I pulled it apart it was obvious it had water down the bores at some point in it's life.
The middle two cylinder sleeves were cracked and letting coolant into the bores thus, trying to compress the water and bending 2 conrods which then chewed up the crankshaft. It just kept getting worse ! Luckily the block was not cracked. I had the crank reground to .020" and fitted new sleeves, some N.O.S pistons and piston rings. It turned out good in the end and with a bit of money spent on it.
Thanks
Carl Hargreaves
here is the link >>>>>>>>>>>>>
https://youtu.be/ArSpuw7DGlQ