cabs

This is for Members to post their own videos or even videos they find on other websites that are David Brown related. Ideally DB but also Member's videos of working with tractors etc. Inappropriate videos will be deleted and the Member posting them may be banned from this Forum.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

manxmac

cabs

Post by manxmac » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:12 am

I am looking for info on the various cabs fitted to DBs. I am thinking of buying a shabby 1210 which is fitted with the DB cab with the narrow topped doors and the wiggly bit round the door handles and at the bottom of the windscreen. I have been offered a DB wide doored cab for a 1210 with what appears to be the whole Q cab dash console still in it. My DB 990 1978 model has the narrow door Q cab with the straight bottom to the front window and door handles. First of all do these cabs have proper designations so we know what we are talking about, I have seen Q and VQ mentioned is my 1978 990 a Q or a VQ. Is the wiggly cab even a Q cab or is it just a safety cab?
Next question is it possible to fit a wide doored DB cab to a 1210 selectamatic presently fitted with a wiggly doored cab. High and low gears may be a problem but it is possible that all necessary parts might be transferred from donor tractor.
Sorry for poor description.