21st Birthday present!!

This is for members to post photos of their restorations, either completed or "works in progress"

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

bengentry6

21st Birthday present!!

Post by bengentry6 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:03 pm

Hey guys,

I recently just purchased a DB 780 which has been part funded by my parents for my 21st birthday present. I've actually been on the look out for a vintage tractor for nearly 4 years now after driving a family friends Super Dexta, since then all i've wanted is a vintage tractor of my own to restore and take to shows and ploughing matches. And so I found this 780 pretty close by for a reasonable price.

So the 780 that i've got is actually in mechanically sound condition, it starts on the button even from cold, not once has it hesitated to start which is pretty impressive. We've now removed the loader as I wouldn't use it and apparently makes for better handling on the road, and personally it just looks tidier without it.

Cosmetically all that needs doing is a really good steam clean and maybe straightening out the tin work. But thats all part of the winter plan.

I'm sure i'll be on this forum all the time asking for peoples help as i'm a complete newbie to tractor mechanics!

Cheers guys!

img_2706.jpg
img_2706.jpg (223.79 KiB) Viewed 1851 times

ollek

Re: 21st Birthday present!!

Post by ollek » Tue May 16, 2017 6:08 pm

I would strongly recommend you to get an operators manual for your tractor. Please obtain one from the Club Sop, see the attached link http://dbtc.co.uk/shop/index.php?route= ... uct_id=119

TeamHarding

Re: 21st Birthday present!!

Post by TeamHarding » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:31 am

Looks good, we are in a similar position, my son has just turned 11 and he too has had a 780 for his birthday. We will be starting a thread on here soon. Good luck with yours