DB 880 implematic Narrow

This is for members to post photos of their restorations, either completed or "works in progress"

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

aprentice

DB 880 implematic Narrow

Post by aprentice » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:43 am

Hello everybody,

I'll introduce myself first.
I am Loek,(pronounce look or Luke like my wife does) I live in the Netherlands, and I am a novice as far as tractors goes but I am pretty well up in car, truck and bus engines, bodywork and electrics.
I have done a maintenance job on a HI, a compleet engine overhaul on two Steyr 8080's and now I am sort of restoring a 1963 David Brown 880 Implematic Livedrive Narrow, which is not mine.
I have a question about the mudguards, or if you like, fenders from this tractor.
The shape of the mudguards on this tractor is different to the mudguards on all 880's narrow I can find on the internet and look exactly like the mudguards on the 25C, 30C, tractors, a shell shaped panel and a seperate boulted on panel in the bottom connected to the chassis.
The mudguards on all other 880,s are one panel from top to bottom as far as I can see, and are differently shaped.
Does anyone in the DBTC know if this is Original factory build or is this maybe a later change of mudguards because maybe there were no oringinals to be got ?
I think it's Original factory build for the simple reason it's a Narrow and because of that the wheels don't fit under the normal mudguards becuase they are sort of mounted inside out.
We have talked about this to Histoparts in Holland but they say the 25C shells wont fit this tractor, but I think they will fit.
Can anyone confirm this or am I wrong in thinking this ?

Many thanks in advance.

db12104wd

RE: DB 880 implematic Narrow

Post by db12104wd » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:50 pm

You are correct, All the 880/850 implematic narrow's had 25/30 mudguards fitted.
Just for my interest what is the serial number off this tractor???

aprentice

Post by aprentice » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:21 pm

Thanks for your responce, I thought as much about the mudguards, and at least I know I can fit them.

I'l get in touch with the owner of the tractor and see if it's o.k. to gif you the serial number.

chrisburr90

Post by chrisburr90 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:10 am

have you got any pictures of yours?

Ive just completed an engine rebuild on one :)