1949 cropmaster

This is for members to post photos of their restorations, either completed or "works in progress"

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

dexta

1949 cropmaster

Post by dexta » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:31 pm

Here area few pics of a tractor I first started doing up in 2002 then in 2004 due to other commitments left under a sheet, I bought a business and had to concentrate on that for a while, unfortunately things progressed to house buying and other stuff and it never got uncovered until 2013 by which time all the paintwork I had done had to be stripped back and essentially it needed starting from scratch again.
Well today I finally adjusted the fuel pump dead on and fixed on the number plates ready for her first show, hopefully, on Saturday.

As she arrived...
after taking the sheet off after the idle period
roughly mid way during the repaint
on as she stands today, nearly finished, lights yet to be found

there is a lot of stuff to move from in front of it or I would have taken the photos outside from all sides.

spannerzzz

RE: 1949 cropmaster

Post by spannerzzz » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:45 pm

what a great job you have done on that beauty and congratulation on having the persistence to complete it after all this time :D

dexta

Post by dexta » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:59 pm

thank you for the kind words, it was a project I wanted to see through until the end, however with the business, then buying a house and a breakup afterwards it took a lot longer than intended. you will of course see a few non original bits on her as she isn't only for show, she will also work a little bit too rolling, harrowing and carting, so some "modern" things found their way on. I was especially keen to see it through as I understand its quite an early Diesel Cropmaster.
Cheers

Dex

ollek

Post by ollek » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:23 pm

I was of the opinion that the wheel centres and the rims on the Cropmaster were the same red colour as the tractor tin work. The 900 had blue wheel centres but red rims.

db2d

Post by db2d » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:56 pm

The Cropmaster was painted ' Hunting Pink ' entirely.

dexta

Post by dexta » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:29 pm

yup, hunting pink over the entire tractor normally, I did blue wheel rims as a security aid
Cheers

Dex

tomwill

Post by tomwill » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:14 pm

Hello Dexta That is a nice tractor you have there when the Cropmaster Diesel came out in 1949 it was the envy of all the other tractor makes .cheers TomWill DBTCA

dexta

Post by dexta » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:56 pm

Haha, I can see how it would have been when compared to what else was available at the time in terms of engineering and accessories, 2 speed pulley, etc etc, however they weren't well received in this end of the world as they were around 1.5 times or more the price of a similar tractor, farmers being welsh and extremely tight meant Cropmasters in West Wales were few and far between. ive not tried it on road yet but from what little I have used it, I must admit I prefer my Dexta, it feels a lot less unwieldy than the Cropmaster
Cheers

Dex