DB990 early Implematic hydraulic suction filter

This is for members to post photos of their restorations, either completed or "works in progress"

Moderator: admin

Ciderhead

DB990 early Implematic hydraulic suction filter

Post by Ciderhead » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:36 pm

Hi Chaps, My restoration continues and the hydraulic oil is being changed. The brass drain plug was stubbonly tight so I removed the cover to find the most disgusting mix of filth and a holed suction mesh filter. I have trawled the Forum and it seems no spares are available anywhere and some one mentioned fabricating a new mesh filter. There are a number of stainless steel mesh providers online who sell a square metre of mesh (which is alot for such a little job) but what specification should I ask for and has anyone out there made one from scratch? There seem to be several spot weld points which may be a challenge.

Any inspired alternatives?

Cheers
Bryan

DRM

Re: DB990 early Implematic hydraulic suction filter

Post by DRM » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:26 pm

Hi Brendan,

Please post in the "General Discussion" section to get the most views.

viewforum.php?f=1

Thanks,
David

blissakpo

Re: DB990 early Implematic hydraulic suction filter

Post by blissakpo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:11 pm

As David said post on the main forum for a better response.

I'm not au fait with the 990 Implematic but assume it's the same rectangular filter as fitted to the 950 Implematic (Oil Filter - Part 62794)

Sometimes they come up for grabs on E Bay (Check your parts cat. the numbers ofen cross models) alternativly the mesh is available from Barclay Williams.

I have the mesh and a spare (used) filter part number as above if you are really stuck PM me and we can sort something out.

Andy