Montgomery Vintage Tractor Road Run, 24th May 2009

This forum is an area where any registered member can post their photos of any previous event. Any photo that is unsuitable for viewing will be deleted and the user will be at risk of being deleted.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Alchad

Montgomery Vintage Tractor Road Run, 24th May 2009

Post by Alchad » Sun May 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi,

Scooby hosted the start of the above from his place, I went along to take a few snaps.

Alchad

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon May 25, 2009 5:48 pm

The first few photos. are the motley collection of Browns before we set off.
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

6-POT-PHIL
Location: Huddersfield, W Yorks. (Home of David Brown Tractors)

Post by 6-POT-PHIL » Mon May 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Looks like you had a good day out there scooby with plenty tractors too, very nice scenery too. Looking forward to our Pennine run in 3 weeks.

Phil
1961 850 Implematic Ex DB test tractor (now sold)
1960 950 Implematic
1970 990 12 speed Selectamatic
1976 996 Loader tractor
1987 'E' 1594 4WD Hydra-Shift
1985 'C' 1694 4WD Hydra-Shift
ImageImage

Six in line sounds mighty fine!!

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Mon May 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Excellent photos Alchad and Scooby and thanks for posting them - a fine collection of tractors, beautifull scenery and some superb weather for the occasion.

Cheers

Andy

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon May 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Thanks Phil. & Andy. Yes, we had a super day. 86 tractors in total including the Mog. And probably 10 4x4s and three trailers full of folks. We had a brilliant stop at Gregynog Hall where we had a low fly-past by the Air Ambulance. It would have been able to land but it was on a shout and so just came in very low. Wasn't able to take any photos. there. Lots of members of the Public came to see the parade in front of the Hall and so I spent my time shoving the cash bucket under their noses. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Makes a change from the last two years when it has been cold wet and miserable for our Spring run.

Spent most of today clearing up, returning boilers, teapots, trestle tables, etc. to kind folks who lent them for the catering. The run didn't actually start at our place, it was a tea and bun stop. :lol: :lol: :lol: (I hired some loos and so I suppose it was a comfort stop as well) Mrs Scooby and other ladies had been cooking furiously beforehand but there was no food left after everyone had gone.

Forgot to mention that we also have a barbecue the night before just up the road when our friends from Wing, Chipping Campden, etc. were able to join us.

The event is well advertised in advance and so we get lots of folks lining the route.

Great fun - David.
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby