Few more photos from Allora, Qld

This forum is an area where any registered member can post their photos of any previous event. Any photo that is unsuitable for viewing will be deleted and the user will be at risk of being deleted.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

John.Newman

Few more photos from Allora, Qld

Post by John.Newman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:33 am

Here are a few more photos from the Allora Vintage Festival

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:31 am

Hello John from snowy Wales. :cry: :cry: :cry: Hope you and the family are well.

Cracking photos and thanks for sharing them with us. Also like the description on each photo. That's really useful. Would the lady polishing the crawler like to come and polish mine do you think ?

Are there many crawlers still at work ? We have lots of rubber tracked Challengers, a few JDs, but not many steel tracks.
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi John,
many thanks for listing some further photos - its great to see the sort of tractors that we never see in the uk and be a bit envious of the weather!!!

So far have trampled on the hat and put it through the washing machine 5 times, all I need now is some serious sun and a good pair of bootlaces!!

Many Thanks again

Andy

John.Newman

Post by John.Newman » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:12 am

Hi Scooby
Regarding crawlers still in use, there are many crawlers still in use here out on the flat black soil plains of the Darling Downs. In my local area, there is a Cat D2 & D6 still being used as drawbar tractors. On black soil, there is virtually no track wear as the soil is not abrasive and the steel tracks can outlast rubber tyres. A lot of rubber tracked machines in use also here. In New Zealand, crawlers are still used extensively for work on the hilly country.

Regards,
John