BRONTE ROAD RUN - Sunday 28th Dec 2008

This forum is an area where any registered member can post their photos of any previous event. Any photo that is unsuitable for viewing will be deleted and the user will be at risk of being deleted.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

broadsword

BRONTE ROAD RUN - Sunday 28th Dec 2008

Post by broadsword » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

thought I would post a fer photos from yesterdays Bronte road run around the Keighley and Haworth areas of West Yorkshire, a charity event in aid of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance. Went by car (its 20 miles there,20 miles back and 20 miles of road run which in the temperatures yesterday would have put me in hospital!!) and met up at the half way point, the Grouse Inn where the run stops for mince pies and coffee. A great selection of tractors and cars on show - particulary good selction of Internationals which are normally a bit thin at road runs but of course they built em in Bradford only 10 miles away from the road run. Raymond Townend was on his Yellow 1394(?)Industrial not sure if any other members were there.
A really well organised road run and the scenery around that area is absolutely stunning.
Have posted a few non DB piccies as well.

Regards

Andy

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:29 pm

One or two more piccies of the above event. Looks lies Santa had to abandon the Belarus and resort to the trusty Fergy diesel :wink:

Andy

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

never known a digger in a road run before. went on a road run on boxing day with peter williams and there was an electric powered milk float near the front and held us all up going up hills
owner of a 1200 & 990

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:55 pm

Good photos Andrew. Thank you for posting them.

Interesting comment that you made in the battery thread re: leaving the lights on while charging with the alternator. Never heard that before.

David.
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

6-POT-PHIL
Location: Huddersfield, W Yorks. (Home of David Brown Tractors)

Post by 6-POT-PHIL » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:58 pm

Great photo's Andy, where was my invite? :roll:
The grille guard on the 1394 (1st photo) is the one i bought 1st time round.(time you got some red paint on it David!)
I see santa's traded in his Belarus for a grey Fergy :lol:

Phil :D
1961 850 Implematic Ex DB test tractor (now sold)
1960 950 Implematic
1970 990 12 speed Selectamatic
1976 996 Loader tractor
1987 'E' 1594 4WD Hydra-Shift
1985 'C' 1694 4WD Hydra-Shift
ImageImage

Six in line sounds mighty fine!!

allsorts

Post by allsorts » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi everyone,
The date for the second run on the list should be July not June. Just thought I should let you know incase anyone was thinking of penciling this one in their diaries.
Many thanks

David Allsopp
(events co-ordinator, Bronte Tractor Runs Group)

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:19 pm

allsorts wrote:Hi everyone,
The date for the second run on the list should be July not June. Just thought I should let you know incase anyone was thinking of penciling this one in their diaries.
Many thanks

David Allsopp
(events co-ordinator, Bronte Tractor Runs Group)
David, if you send me the details of that July run I will put it into Road Runs>Events. Sorry but I can't read it very well on the Forum.
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi David(allsorts),

welcome to the DBTC forum - thanks for the e-mail, lucky I notified you of the photo bits,you may have been awash with tractors a month early!!

Count me in on the April and July events, will try to get accross with the 990, if not I`m sure someone lives locally who may lend me a tractor for the day :wink: .

Phil, sorry not to invite you - went at late notice and took the better half for a day out (Tractors and then Steam trains on the Worth Valley railway - oh and I bought her lunch to keep her happy :roll: )

Perhaps we could go on the next run thats assuming 6 POT ever sees tarmac/runs again :lol:

Andy

raymondjtownend

bronte road run

Post by raymondjtownend » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:37 pm

hi everyone andy mine is a 1390 the 990 on the second picture needs a door for his cab another road run on sunday from west marton on a59 from skipton goes in to the pendal witch area pendal hill dont know starting time yet will post it later bfn raymond

jimpurdy

Bronte Road Run

Post by jimpurdy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Good photography of good machinery. It must of been a good 'run', being complete with mince pie...........
The stonewall is a piece of art! Do you have a detail pic of it ? A gateway or an end or a corner? It would be nice to see one of those even with a tractor in front :)
Happy New Year
JimP

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:46 pm

Hi JimP,

its all relative really - we`ve loads of these stone wall things over here and we do not notice them much - however you have frozen lakes and reindeer making their way accross fields of snow knee deep that we woould die for!!!.

Funnily enough though on the track where the tractors were being parked there was a guy(opposite to the JCB digger) that was Dry Stone Walling(ie repairing the wall) - its quite an art as they are double walled - there are two side the middle being full of infillings(ie broken/crushed stone) and the outer bits are curved inwards as the wall gets taller to hold it together - I used to help the local farmer (Joseph senior) about 30 years ago, he did the outer bits and I did the infilling!!!

We have loads round here - will try to get a photo of a tall/impressive one for you.

Regards

Andy

raymondjtownend

brr

Post by raymondjtownend » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:36 am

hi the brr raised over £3.200 for the air ambulance the rr at west marton on sunday starts at 10.30

allsorts

Post by allsorts » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi all,

Quick update as to new total.
When we finally get all our money in from our main two sponsors we should have raised over £3600 which smashes last years great efforts of just under £3000.

Kind regards

David.

Mosley

Post by Mosley » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:03 pm

does anybody know where the events for 2009 are going to take place?
cheers
David brown 1490 1982 2WD
Case 1394 commemorative edition 4WD

allsorts

Post by allsorts » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Just a little update for the last post.

The departure time has been brought forward by half an hour making it a prompt departure time of 10.30 am.

Hope to see plenty of you there.