Vintage tractor insurance

This forum is an area where any registered member can post their photos of any previous event. Any photo that is unsuitable for viewing will be deleted and the user will be at risk of being deleted.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

padside_rob

Vintage tractor insurance

Post by padside_rob » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:58 pm

Have recently purchased a David Brown 885....does any one know where to get cheap vintage tractor insurance and is there any need to get fully comp cover...thanks

RE: Vintage tractor insurance

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:19 pm

Rob.
From me, welcome to the Forum.
I can only speak from my own experience, but I have found that trator insurance is best with fully comprehensive cover as 'third party' can be very restrictive on the part of the owner in the event of an accident, wheather being the fault of someone else (the third party) or just an unfortunate happening. The advantage of comprehensive cover is that you will be covered for more eventualities. With this cover you can claim off your own insurance and whatever you are towing, including the load, even if it's someone elses property, you are covered. With third party cover you are only in effect covering yourself for a claim by 'the other person' claiming against you, you receive no recompence for your own loss or damage.
I insure my tractors with the National Farmers Union on a fully comprehensive cover and the annual premium is approximately £64 per tractor. This cover gives me insurance for agricultural use, shows, rallies and other social use and also covers basic legal costs. Give your local NFU office a call and get one of their representitives to come and see you, you will more or less be able to tailor your cover to your needs then.
Incedentally, I would suggest that you ask Admin to move your post and any replies to the 'general discussion' heading of the Forum as the subject is really in the wrong place.