Private tractor and steam gathering.

This forum is an area where any registered member can post their photos of any previous event. Any photo that is unsuitable for viewing will be deleted and the user will be at risk of being deleted.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Merlin

Private tractor and steam gathering.

Post by Merlin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Myself and a lot of friends have a yearly weekend long party usually around the Easter bank holiday weekend.The whole point is a fun working weekend, anything painted and looking shiny new would be a little out of place here. All of this takes place on the edge of Exmoor on the Somerset border Enjoy.

As it was so cold this year we built a barn wood burner, I re-enforced the door with a wheel brace, then welded the shape of a scull above it.

We tend to spend the evenings in the barn drinking beer and watching films with our mini cinema.

The barn is lit by a 1912 Hornsby hot bulb engine running a 110V DC generator. This isn't a small engine, it has twin 4 foot flywheels.

My little 30D was on saw bench duty all weekend. We had a two trailer loads of pallets and sawmill off cuts arrive. To keep the barn warm we were burning two dumpy bags of wood a night.

This is the standard transport to the pub.

Being towed by my mates Allchin

The ladies tractor, points for guessing the make!

The two man chainsaw usually makes an appearance at some point, we have some worth while sized logs for it now.

The out door lighting set was assembled next to the saw bench. This huge engine is a 6hp Pool oil engine with a Siemens 50V generator.

The sun even came out for us on Sunday

The Marshals, both mechanicaly restored but never to be painted.

The Landini L25, love that tractor and so much easier to start than a Field Marshal, faster on the road too. If only Marshal had not tried to improve on the Lanz design they copied!

A 1212 and under the sheet a Cropmaster

This is the Nuffield that delivered all the wood.

Cheers
Nath

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Nath, that was wonderful. Thank you for putting all the photos. up. And thank goodness there are still people around who don't entirely conform. I like it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

richbug

Post by richbug » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:46 pm

I love it. I think you would fit in very well here.
Users: 780, 1210 Bottle Opener, 1494 4wd open station with 74L, 990, 1394, 1194 High Clearance, another 1394, 1194 LCG, 1290 with 56L

1200, 900 projects

Parts: 3800, 1200, 1394, 1412, 1490, 770, 885

oily

Post by oily » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:06 pm

that looks aright do nothing to serious apart from the drinking sounds like my sort of do

odin

Post by odin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Yes I enjoyed all that. The old green one has a Zetor look about it. A horsey stable who we supply conventional bales to has a very similar looking Zetor with a front loader.
Being a 'Reg-Plate' spotter, YD is the old Zummerset plate ?

tomwill

Post by tomwill » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Great stuff Nath i would love to have been there,TomWill AUST

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Nath,

some proper looking original tractors you have there, that 30D and Cropmaster diesel are to die for in that condition not to mention the others - good to see a couple of Marshalls without the shiny paint job as well.
The 30D picture with the words `the sun even came out for us on Sunday` would be a cracker for next years calendar

Cheers

Andy

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:40 pm

odin wrote:Yes I enjoyed all that. The old green one has a Zetor look about it. A horsey stable who we supply conventional bales to has a very similar looking Zetor with a front loader.
Being a 'Reg-Plate' spotter, YD is the old Zummerset plate ?
It's not a Zetor but right sort of direction. To help it's Swiss!

Yes YD is a Somerset plate, the original dealers brass plate is still on it stating J B Gibbs and Son Crewkerne Somerset.

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:50 pm

broadsword wrote:Nath,

some proper looking original tractors you have there, that 30D and Cropmaster diesel are to die for in that condition not to mention the others - good to see a couple of Marshalls without the shiny paint job as well.
The 30D picture with the words `the sun even came out for us on Sunday` would be a cracker for next years calendar

Cheers

Andy
Thank you for the comments, the 30D is my little beasty. I was also pleased with it starting easily each morning up there in heavy white frost, no easy start to be seen amoung this group. :)

We always have some fun, last years tug of war between a Ford TW25 and Case Steamer was entertaining. I've never seen a TW dragged around like that, it didn't stand a chance.

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:47 am

Merlin wrote: It's not a Zetor but right sort of direction. To help it's Swiss!
Hurlimann ???
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:03 am

Scooby wrote:
Merlin wrote: It's not a Zetor but right sort of direction. To help it's Swiss!
Hurlimann ???
Not a Hurlimannm another clue it runs a Mercedes OM diesel engine. I only know of two in the uk. It is 1950's vintage with a 4 speed box and a splitter that you don't need the clutch for.

Dieter

Post by Dieter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Is the Ladies ride perhaps a Buhrer?

At first thought it read "Fuhrer" on the side there, and thought it to be some sort of British humour?! :shock:

Great looking pics, good to see some people had some sun during easter this year :-)
Love your pub transport and the stationaty engines. Can almost smell the fumes of oil, grease and old times ;-)

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:33 pm

Dieter, you are indeed correct it is a Buhrer, and your also not the first to initially think it says Fuhrer :)

Yes everywhere smelt of a mix of steam, diesel, and paraffin. Just the way I like it, completed with a pint of beer or two.

tim123

Private Tractor and Steam Gathering

Post by tim123 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:10 pm

Nice to see my Cropmaster out at such a great gathering, I think this was the gig where she really flew. She's in bits at the moment and I may be putting a few questions in to the forum soon. Several problems just now all to do with not using here enough I think. These diesels need to be used and not left under a sheet for a couple of years only to be bought out for a hard day's rotavating. Suffice to say she was running on 3 occasionally 2 by the end of the day!!

Tim
1953 Cropmaster Diesel
:(