Huddersfield Tractors

This forum is an area where any registered member can post their photos of any previous event. Any photo that is unsuitable for viewing will be deleted and the user will be at risk of being deleted.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

odin

Huddersfield Tractors

Post by odin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:19 pm

On Saturday 12th May in Golcar Village, they are holding the annual village fate, known as Golcar Lilly Day. They are requesting some David Brown tractors for the event, about half dozen. Heading up the show parade is a 1922 15 ton Burrel steam roller which will look impressive. I will be taking my two DBs and a couple of implements. Any more locally based DBs' please. I have an A board and some DB hand out material from DBTC Chairman, Peter Murray, to give away on the day to promote the museum.
Regards

Madders

RE: Huddersfield Tractors

Post by Madders » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:53 am

I'll bob up with the 15 if you like or would you prefer older kit Robert????
[.................................[/size] Image

odin

Post by odin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:38 pm

If it were built in Meltham, then bring it. Would love to see that 15, a mighty fine machine from this town. I intend to take my CM 3 plough, not built in this town, but badged DB. Got the sales literature to support my tackle just to make it interesting.
Regards. :)

odin

Post by odin » Sat May 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Had the show today, only 3 Davids, my 1210 with Howard rotorvator and my 885 with a Fergy potato planter. A local 880 Implematic 4 pot turned up that followed the Burrell steam road roller in to the show. The chap who transported the Road Roller on his low loader showed his MF165 and a local grey Fergy turned up.
I had an 'A' board made and filled it with DBTC literature and old issues of Tractor News, it all went. An awfully nice lady introduced herself, what a familiar face I thought? Broadswords mother! Spitting image.
Loads of kids interested in the tractors, donations into the RBL Poppy Box for sitting on the tractors, raised £30.00.
Plenty of ex DB employees and a chap whos' father drove steam engines out of Meltham loaded with tractors, up to three times a day.
In summary, a good day and the Museum promoted, then back into the field with the 1210 to finish rotovating. :D

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Fri May 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Robert,

got filled in on it today from my mother - apparently the spud planter caused a fair bit of interest.

Apologies - I had meant to bring the Croppy but went on holiday on the Friday night to Sunny Whitby by the Sea!!

Hopefully see you Sunday

Andy

graham25163

Post by graham25163 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:52 pm

would have been happy to be there as i had family playing with the brass band unfortunatly i was allready book into Newark show with my 990 imp

Madders

Post by Madders » Sun May 20, 2012 8:14 pm

and I just failed to have the big silly lump fit for playing out.....even today I borrowed a 990 for the road run..... bah humbug
[.................................[/size] Image