Toowoomba Vintage Rally, Queensland

This forum is an area where any registered member can post their photos of any previous event. Any photo that is unsuitable for viewing will be deleted and the user will be at risk of being deleted.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

John.Newman

Toowoomba Vintage Rally, Queensland

Post by John.Newman » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:54 am

For anyone here in Oz who can make it to Toowoomba on the 3rd & 4th March, we are holding our annual rally where the theme this year is "All Things British". Hopefully, there will be some DBs there. I know there will be a 50D along with my 50TD on show.

Regards,
John

bigdavesproule

RE: Toowoomba Vintage Rally, Queensland

Post by bigdavesproule » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:41 am

its a pity i have jsut left queensland after 5 months, i am currently in perth, would have loved to go to that!
dave

prblake

Toowoomba Machinery Rally

Post by prblake » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:55 am

Here are some photos from this weekends rally. Only 3 DB's there but pretty interesting ones.

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Nice line up of the proper old stuff there Paul, I take it that is your newly restored Cropmaster.

Is that a `blower` on the front of the 50TD John. I didn`t realise W O Bentley had an influence on David Browns - must try one for the Cropmaster, now then all I need is a Villiers Supercharger, pipework, rear spolier and a safety belt - `Cropmaster Le Mans`!!!!

Cheers

Andy.

I take it its for the hydraulics??????

prblake

Post by prblake » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Yes I read the brass plate on it and it is for the external hydraulics but I am sure John will explain more in due course.

Paul

tomwill

Post by tomwill » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Sorry John i could not get up there i would like to have taken my DB 40TD however i am flatout with haymaking.Cheers Tom Williams.

John.Newman

Post by John.Newman » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Thanks for posting these Paul. You beat me to it probably because it took me longer to put my tractors to bed after the show. Yes Andy, it makes it go faster - just like a spoiler on a car. The hydraulics and blade are a work in progress and a lot of welding is still needed to tighten all the joints up.
Some more photos will come soon after I get them resized.
John

John.Newman

Post by John.Newman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:10 am

As the Flyer said "All Things Britsh" was very true. Even the weather was very British like with light showers during the first day. Here are a few more photos that I took over the week-end.

bigdavesproule

Post by bigdavesproule » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:50 am

some good pictures, i managed to get to dardanup show and i will post some pictures soon,
dave.

ianoz

Post by ianoz » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Thanks John , Great photos . The case do well in the pull?.
When we have something with a bit more get up and go than our Volvo F7 8 wheeler tilt tray, would lov to come down for Allora and Toowoomba rallys .