Devon County Show.

This is for Members to post their photos. Ideally DB but also Member's photos of working with tractors etc. Inappropriate photos will be deleted and the Member posting them may be banned from this Forum.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Devon County Show.

Post by Guest » Thu May 21, 2009 7:01 pm

First day of the Show today. Will have more time tomorrow so I will take some more pictures of the David Brown Feature that our members here in Devon are staging with just a cross section of our tractors. Here's just a taster for now. My 780. She said she wanted to sit on it, I told her 'try the tractor first'. :wink:

mburns

devon county show

Post by mburns » Thu May 21, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi Powerrabbit

You dont have to answer this if your busy :lol: :wink:

Hope all went well today , certainly look like it did ,

Are there any 90 series tractors there ? will see you

tomorrow morning anyway , if i can drag them past the

horses :roll:

Martin :D

RE: devon county show

Post by Guest » Thu May 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Martin.
We are actually next to the horses, next avenue, so they are sort of behind us. Bigger tractors on the stand are a 1971 1200 4WD, 1594 Case IH, 1594 Commemorative and a magpie 1694. All the owners are very protective of their steeds and won't let the Bicton students drive them in the parade, today, my neighbour let one of them drive his white 770 and the student rammed it into the back of a diesel Cropmaster with the square drawbar frame on with the top-link on the top and it pushed the grille back into the 770 and nearly folded it in half. Bicton are going to replace it. Luckily the bonnet wasn't damaged.

mburns

devon county show

Post by mburns » Thu May 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Sounds like a great selection you have arranged there tim,
i want to see the level of restoration of the smaller 900 type also to see what i am up against.
Wifes just crawled out from under a blanket and informed me she is too ill to go to the show :cry: , so thats all day at the tractors and no horses :lol: , candy floss , sweets and coke ,ought to get the kids on my side , and possibly in some sort of sugar trance.

See you tomorrow Martin :D

Post by Guest » Fri May 22, 2009 9:38 pm

Second day of the show and what a day. Thousands of people, beutiful weather and loads of people visiting us on the tractor Feature reminising on their past experiences with D.B. tractors and a very interesting chat to a woman who used to be a clerk in the factory in the early 1960's. Anyway, here are the tractors. This may take some time!

Post by Guest » Fri May 22, 2009 9:41 pm

Next lot.

Post by Guest » Fri May 22, 2009 9:49 pm

Last ones.

This is the BOAT charity 880.

The 770 minus yesterdays bent grille.

mburns

devon county show

Post by mburns » Fri May 22, 2009 10:55 pm

What a day , a great selection of tractors , and fantastic people to talk to , some more pics .

Martin :D

Nice 6 pots phil :wink:

Post by Guest » Fri May 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Nice pictures Martin. I think we've pretty well covered it! I left the car park up at the green gate at 5.30 and got out on the road at 6.35 and was home at 7.10. Traffic was chocca and all the show traffic had to leave by one route as there was a pile-up close to the other way out, hope it will be better leaving tomorrow evening. I'm going to come home after the show tomorrow, have my tea and go back in again later with the trailer to bring back the 780.

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Sat May 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Some great pictures and a great collection of tractors, that Cropmaster diesel has sent me into a twin seat frenzy again!!!

Cheers for the posting and looked like a great day out

Just one thing - I`d always wondered what Jason King had done after he had finished with his TV series in the early 1970`s and there he is leaning on the bonnet of a David Brown!!!!

Check out the resemblence on the link below :roll:

http://www.cultv.co.uk/jasonking.htm

Andy
Last edited by broadsword on Sat May 23, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Sat May 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Last day of the show today and it was absolutely heaving. Traffic was queing to get into the car parks from 7.30am and the tailback of stationary vehicles at one time was about 14 miles, several people tried to get there but just gave up and went home despite trying several routes, all choked right up. At one point, around mid afternoon, the numbers of people traversing the main avenue in the showground was so great that no-one could move and everyone had to stand still and let the ones on the outsides filter through in order to get going again. I've never seen anything like it.
The tractors again created a lot of interest with people coming to us reminissing again and others ogleing over their sheer beauty (some of them anyway) and others saying that seeing the tractors has given them the inspiration either to go and buy one ore restore the one they have in the shed. The older long retired farmers were nearly in tears going over their memories of their David Brown days.
I came home around 6.30pm, had a bit of tea and then went back in with the trailer to bring the 780 home and come back at 9.10. Fantastic 3 days, I will have to do a report for 'Tractor News'.

Andy, who's Jason King? That's me beside my 780.

Madders

Post by Madders » Tue May 26, 2009 8:39 pm

that's Peter Sutcliffe innit??? LOL!!!!!
[.................................[/size] Image

RichardCoaker

Post by RichardCoaker » Tue May 26, 2009 9:09 pm

It was a good show, and nice weather, alot better than previous years, Here's some of my pic's!

On the lorry off to Devon County, the red com 1594 is Paul Pearse's tractor, he is our DB club Chairman.

Here's the tractors,

The Bicton tractor.

Tim's tractor

Rich
DB 780 Slowly being Restored
DB 1212 Q-Cab
DB 1394 4wd Syncro
DB 1594 4wd Hydra-Shift + Baas loader
DB 1694 Flying Magpie
Case ih 5140
Case ih mx110
McCormick mc115 + Quicke q40 loader

6 in a row, makes it go!

ALSO MR JULY!

Post by Guest » Tue May 26, 2009 10:14 pm

Richard.
Thanks for posting up your pictures, nice to see the tractors in a different perspective on their way into the ring for the parade. I'm putting all the pictures that were taken on to disc to remind us of what a great three days we all had at the show.