reg no on DB 995

<p>The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will
need to register your user name before you can post.&nbsp; <b>If you have
already registered could you please make sure that your location details have
been completed.&nbsp; Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go
into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the
Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K.&nbsp; County if
within the U.K.&nbsp; Location details helps other members&nbsp; if you need
spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.</b><br>
&nbsp;</p>
<p><b><font color="#FF0000">DISCLAIMER - Please be aware that any views
expressed or advice given on the Forum are purely the opinion of the relevant
poster. The David Brown Tractor Club Ltd does not endorse any of the views
expressed, or advice thus given. Forum Visitors should be aware that any action
they may take as a result of such information is taken at their own risk.</font></b></p>

Moderators: admin, Scooby

peter woodbridge

reg no on DB 995

Post by peter woodbridge » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi
I own a 1976 db 995 with reg no Puy 916p that according to the dvla does not identify with the chassis no on the tractor,i was wondering if anybody can help me find the correct reg no for my tractor.The chassis no is 932976.engine no 42706

ollek

Re: reg no on DB 995

Post by ollek » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:04 pm

The information I have says that the last 995 without a Q-cab was built in November 1975 and the last tractor had serial number 935079. A 995 with a serial number 932242 was built in January 1975. Your tractor must therefor be built in January or February 1975. I think that the full PIN number shall read 995/1/932976. This number should be stamped on top of the main frame on the right hand side near the front of the engine. Please find the stamped PIN number and ask again. It is possible that the people at dvla do not understand that the model designation (995/1) is a part of the PIN.

peter woodbridge

Post by peter woodbridge » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:08 pm

h
Hi ollek
Thank you for your reply about the 995 ,i have a v5 in my possesion that states that the tractor was first registered in feb 1976,the chassis no is indeed the same as you stated . the problem i have with the dvla is that the reg no puy 916p does not match the serial no on the tractor,any ideas how to find the right reg no.thanks Peter Woodbridge

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:43 am

Peter,
PUY 916P is showing as not registered with DVLA swansea - is that the reg number on the tractor or on the V5 (log book). Chassis number 932976 is showing with DVLA but as a Manitou that was registered in 2104!!.
The chassis numbers on David Browns were recorded at DVLA on the number only, ie 932976, they were not recorded as 995/1/932976 as per what will be stamped on the frame.
The reg number is not showing on the `is a vehicle taxed` section on the DVLA website so I suspect it is not registered at DVLA. I take it when you rang DVLA you asked if the reg number was showing as recorded.
I suspect you will need to re-register the tractor at DVLA via the DB club.

Cheers

Andy