Recommended Professional DB refurbisher? Advice please

Things wanted. Please register your user name first. Ads will stay active for 60 days.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

TractorChecker

Recommended Professional DB refurbisher? Advice please

Post by TractorChecker » Tue May 12, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new to this so please do accept my apologies. I am looking for a "made to order" refurbed tractor, or at least a guide on how to buy and where to get a refurbished model.

I should explain it's not for me, hence my lack of experience. My father in law was a draughtsman many years ago for DB in Meltham, as was his father in law, and as a way to pay him back sometime ago for our house deposit, my wife and I have thought of buying him an old tractor (he won't accept it back in cash). Sounds daft but it makes sense if you've met him...

Does anyone have any recommendations? He often speaks of "Cropmasters".

Does anyone have any recommended chaps/ladies who buys/refurbishes/sells old DB tractors??

Many thanks for any help you can provide. Stay safe! :)

Tractor Checker / Finder

Cadno

Re: Recommended Professional DB refurbisher? Advice please

Post by Cadno » Wed May 13, 2020 10:20 am

The best place to start would be any of the old tractor magazines, look for a fully refurbished one there. But beware your view of a fully refurbished tractor and someone else's will be miles apart.
There are a few Agricultural tractor dealers that would undertake something like this, especially as an educational experience for their apprentices. Worth a few calls

TractorChecker

Post by TractorChecker » Thu May 14, 2020 3:26 pm

Hi - thanks for this. I'll have a look.

I was recommended a local (or more local to me) DB enthusiast / refurbisher by the name of Paul Holroyd? Does anyone on here know him, and knows if he still runs a tractor refurbishment business?

Tractor Checker/Finder

bedwards1966

Post by bedwards1966 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:52 pm

Be aware, to properly refurbish a tractor (or pretty much anything of its kind) takes a huge amount of time and therefore anybody doing this as a professional will need to charge a lot of money, it will not be cheap. Don't be fooled by the ones that have had a coat of paint and the oil leaks stopped, it's not difficult to make a tractor look like new while also being worn out and so inspect them very carefully before spending what can be big money.