1490 engine side cover kit

This section has been requested by various Members who have interesting things to say about DB items on eBay, i.e. giving advice to new DB Members about the suitability of eBay items. It is NOT for selling items that are on eBay, Members can do that in the For Sale section. Neither is it to be used for derogatory comments about eBay items or eBay Sellers. The section will be strictly controlled and any posts deemed unsuitable by the Administrators will be removed.

Any comments or advice are purely the opinion of the Poster and not in any way an offical endorsement by the David Brown Tractor Club, it's Officers or Committee.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

jasonmcg995

1490 engine side cover kit

Post by jasonmcg995 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:22 pm

RE: 1490 engine side cover kit

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:50 pm

They are not that rare, I've got 4 sets stored away. They do look the part when fitted and were I think only produced for the 1490 which was fitted with the 'pusher' fan blade as these pulled dust and debris into the back of the radiator causing overheating, most that had the pusher fan replaced it with a conventional puller one.

jasonmcg995

Post by jasonmcg995 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:21 pm

Wasn't sure if they were rare but thought they might be useful for someone. Any pics of these fitted on a tractor?

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:06 pm

When I say not that rare, it's like all these old parts, it depends on what survives, with the right tooling they would not be that difficult to replicate. I have a pair fitted to my 1490, if I can find a picture of it I'll post it up. I'm keeping the ones I have for a pattern, just in case.