eBay. Item no. 271443764990

This section has been requested by various Members who have interesting things to say about DB items on eBay, i.e. giving advice to new DB Members about the suitability of eBay items. It is NOT for selling items that are on eBay, Members can do that in the For Sale section. Neither is it to be used for derogatory comments about eBay items or eBay Sellers. The section will be strictly controlled and any posts deemed unsuitable by the Administrators will be removed.

Any comments or advice are purely the opinion of the Poster and not in any way an offical endorsement by the David Brown Tractor Club, it's Officers or Committee.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

WesBrown

eBay. Item no. 271443764990

Post by WesBrown » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:40 pm

Is this one of those export type halfway-house tractors. The bonnet seems half implematic, half selectamatic. I think we were shown an American tractor like this on the forum a few months ago. The description says he has been told it has the wrong tinwork, but it may not be the case.

John_Allen

RE: eBay. Item no. 271443764990

Post by John_Allen » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271443764990? ... 26_rdc%3D1

It could be like one that we sorted in the mid 70's, when a 990Imp rolled and we had trouble getting a new bonnet and ended up using a repaired S/M bonnet instead of the original one. DB sent us two bonnets - one to replace the wrong one they sent first. It was only after the fitter sprayed the replacement and put decals on that he realised it was also the wrong type! DB then told us that the other was no longer available (it's a pity they didn't say so first!).

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:42 pm

If you study the pictures there are some very odd things going on with this tractor. Notice that the right mudguard is further forward than the left. The bonnet each side back by the fuel tank has the Implematic 'tail' pieces and the most odd thing is that the front side panels are stepped, they should be following a level line from the nose cone back through the bonnet top, there looks to be an extra panel between the nose cone and bonnet top and no air pre-cleaner hole. To me, it looks like the bonnet has been fabricated somewhat to fit what is an Implematic 990 and unless it's a very late one the seat is wrong, it's a Selectamatic seat, also with those type of mudguards it would have had a cross-box. It's probably rusted out or so battered at one time that a previous owner has inadvertently 'modernised' it with what he could obtain at the time.

rough990

Post by rough990 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:46 pm

This tractor is back on eBay from a person in Halifax, I think people on this forum will know who it is. I think they have re-registered as a new user. It keeps getting removed and relisted constantly, maybe it doesn't reach the price they want. Didn't this person break tractors-DBs?

Post by Guest » Fri May 09, 2014 11:15 pm

This one's a bit of a mongrel also.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/david-brown-9 ... 19ecb0e5cf

Re: RE: eBay. Item no. 271443764990

Post by Guest » Fri May 09, 2014 11:21 pm

rough990 wrote:This tractor is back on eBay from a person in Halifax, I think people on this forum will know who it is. I think they have re-registered as a new user. It keeps getting removed and relisted constantly, maybe it doesn't reach the price they want. Didn't this person break tractors-DBs?
Not there anymore must have been sold or listing taken down.