x2 4WD DBs on at present ..............

This section has been requested by various Members who have interesting things to say about DB items on eBay, i.e. giving advice to new DB Members about the suitability of eBay items. It is NOT for selling items that are on eBay, Members can do that in the For Sale section. Neither is it to be used for derogatory comments about eBay items or eBay Sellers. The section will be strictly controlled and any posts deemed unsuitable by the Administrators will be removed.

Any comments or advice are purely the opinion of the Poster and not in any way an offical endorsement by the David Brown Tractor Club, it's Officers or Committee.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

austensmith

x2 4WD DBs on at present ..............

Post by austensmith » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:32 pm

Currently x2 4WD Selectamatics up for sale ........

DB 996 – no real stress put on the fact it’s a 4WD by the advertiser - and cant see from the photo what type of front driven axle it is – seems v reasonable for an all wheel drive DB that looks quite restorable

eBay item number - 251417029180

1410 – apparently rebuilt engine and new tyres all round – more substantial price but ???????

eBay item number - 171202006827

Wish I HAD bought some Lottery tickets this week..........

- so I could buy an industrial estate to house all the tractors I could go for.!!

8) :?:
Juvat Impigros Deus !!

DB996 4WD Digger Loader - restored
DB996 2WD - now in rehab....

case-ih1594

RE: x2 4WD DBs on at present ..............

Post by case-ih1594 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:41 pm

Both look like they have potential - but like many DB's they have done a fair bit of work and will be in need of some investment, especially the 4WD models. The 1410 still looks an impressive and large tractor. Still great tractor capable of hard work, for a lot less than your modern plastic rubbish available now.