Match Plough???

This section has been requested by various Members who have interesting things to say about DB items on eBay, i.e. giving advice to new DB Members about the suitability of eBay items. It is NOT for selling items that are on eBay, Members can do that in the For Sale section. Neither is it to be used for derogatory comments about eBay items or eBay Sellers. The section will be strictly controlled and any posts deemed unsuitable by the Administrators will be removed.

Any comments or advice are purely the opinion of the Poster and not in any way an offical endorsement by the David Brown Tractor Club, it's Officers or Committee.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:50 am

A better word might be re-instatable. 8)
ImageImage

Three is twee, four is poor, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

tomwill

Post by tomwill » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:00 am

I just found this topic and found it interesting,out here in AUST they are known as[ Match Ploughs]they were used by our top ploughmen back in the 1960s and won many National Championships coupled to a David Brown 850 i have a few photos of that.Cheers TomWill AUST

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:39 am

I have a David Brown competition plough, bought it at a farm sale about 10 years ago, it has not been used more than 4 times, the chap it belonged to bought it new in about 1964 but unfortunateley for him he himself was ploughed under not long after and it had since stood in a shed, his lining-up poles were still tied to it with sisal baler cord but were virtually reduced to powder by the woodworm. I'll take a series of photos of it sometime so all can see what a real one looks like.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Agree there Cambs. Quick entry top links are generally not allowed nor are furrow presses and weights that have been added. If anyone cares to read the National Society of Ploughmen rule book it states quite clearly that any additional parts fitted to a plough used in matches and competitions other than such parts as fitted by the manufacturer specificly for the plough are not allowed and anyone using non-genuine fitments will be disqualified. If you can't plough with a standard plough to an acceptable level then you're certainly not going to do any better with any added aids and gizmos.

Hydrashift

Re: Match Plough???

Post by Hydrashift » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:22 pm

Looking for a david brown match/competition plough