Jubilee event

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

RWSykes

Jubilee event

Post by RWSykes » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Just got back from a mammoth weekend of playing out in Meltham. A lot of people put a lot of effort in to organising the do and manning the shop etc., and as someone who contributed very little ahead of the 'do' I think it is only right I post a big thank you to them all. I would also like to thank all the people who brought tractors, making it a sight to see in the show field!

The chairman of the greenway Committee (who maintain the old test track) was almost in tears at the sight of 40 tractors parked at the 'round the pole test' site. Chris Maddison took us on a road run specifically designed to test the submarine suitability of David Brown tractors. We had visitors from the far corners of the world again, testament to the ever increasing band of DB fanatics!

On a personal note, I would like to thank 6-Pot Phil for taking my little lad on the road run today. The grin is still on Ben's face. I fear my weedy 4-pot may no longer be the little fella's idea of the holy grail of tractors..... Time to start saving up again!

Madders

Post by Madders » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:08 pm

great to put more names to faces and see some familiar ones!
after the sub-aqua road run yesterdy we were graced with a cracking run today!

Tractor - tastic weekend Drambuie experiments last evening not withstanding :wink:

Thanks for coming chaps and chappesses

Mads :D
[.................................[/size] Image

6-POT-PHIL
Location: Huddersfield, W Yorks. (Home of David Brown Tractors)

Re: Jubilee event

Post by 6-POT-PHIL » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:22 pm

RWSykes wrote:Just got back from a mammoth weekend of playing out in Meltham. A lot of people put a lot of effort in to organising the do and manning the shop etc., and as someone who contributed very little ahead of the 'do' I think it is only right I post a big thank you to them all. I would also like to thank all the people who brought tractors, making it a sight to see in the show field!

The chairman of the greenway Committee (who maintain the old test track) was almost in tears at the sight of 40 tractors parked at the 'round the pole test' site. Chris Maddison took us on a road run specifically designed to test the submarine suitability of David Brown tractors. We had visitors from the far corners of the world again, testament to the ever increasing band of DB fanatics!

On a personal note, I would like to thank 6-Pot Phil for taking my little lad on the road run today. The grin is still on Ben's face. I fear my weedy 4-pot may no longer be the little fella's idea of the holy grail of tractors..... Time to start saving up again!
No problem Robert, Ben made an excellent co-driver!
Excellent weekend all round, 2 roadruns, lots of different DB's to look at, nice meal & drinking games on saturday night with Madders, Broadsword & Darwin etc
I will put up some pics when i get time.
Roll on the next DBTC event!!!! :) :) :)

Phil :)
1961 850 Implematic Ex DB test tractor (now sold)
1960 950 Implematic
1970 990 12 speed Selectamatic
1976 996 Loader tractor
1987 'E' 1594 4WD Hydra-Shift
1985 'C' 1694 4WD Hydra-Shift
ImageImage

Six in line sounds mighty fine!!

db-babe

RE: Re: Jubilee event

Post by db-babe » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Great weekend.Impressive tractors, field full of happy folk and even the sun made an appearance today 8)

Enjoyed the Drambuie ... some members a little too much? :wink:

Nice to see plenty of females in attendance :D

case1494

RE: Re: Jubilee event

Post by case1494 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:18 pm

you know me and phil had that conversation today lol there is a few female kind taking interest in our old db doos still not as many as these car shows though is there phil ahaa
babe
Post subject: RE: Re: Jubilee event Posted: 18.09.2011, 18:44

The DB area
Great weekend.Impressive tractors, field full of happy folk and even the sun made an appearance today

Enjoyed the Drambuie ... some members a little too much?

Nice to see plenty of females in attendance

Darren880

Post by Darren880 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:48 am

Im not long home from the ferry after a great weekend in Meltham. A big thanks to the organisers for putting on such a great event. A special thanks to Madders, Andy and the guys for getting myself, Darwin and Joanne sorted out with tractors for the road run, we thoroughly enjoyed it even in the heavy rain on Saturday.
A great nite was had on Saturday night, thanks for the hospitality, hopefully Madders will be a bit more fluent in the Northern Irish lingo before our next visit. :)

Cheers, Darren.

Eric_T

Post by Eric_T » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Another really good DBTC event, they seem to be getting better and better.

Many Thanks to all involved.

:)

calvin

Post by calvin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:57 pm

I missed it :cry: due to lack of funds after buying a 1690 and not been organised. It sounded a great shw hopefully we will try and get over next year. Any photo's to show.? :wink:
3 pot , 4 pot and the MIGHTY 6 POTT!

Madders

'DO'

Post by Madders » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Darren880 wrote:Im not long home from the ferry after a great weekend in Meltham. A big thanks to the organisers for putting on such a great event. A special thanks to Madders, Andy and the guys for getting myself, Darwin and Joanne sorted out with tractors for the road run, we thoroughly enjoyed it even in the heavy rain on Saturday.
A great nite was had on Saturday night, thanks for the hospitality, hopefully Madders will be a bit more fluent in the Northern Irish lingo before our next visit. :)

Cheers, Darren.
I've been practising...... 'what about yous' how's that?

more next week when I've watched the Ian Paisley exercise dvd you brought me!! :cry:

erkki

RE:

Post by erkki » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:32 pm

On behalf of Finnish team its a pleasure to express a warm thank to the Club and organizers of the event. It was a pleasure to stay there and see all the tractors and discuss with the DB-fans.

erkki

Madders

RE:

Post by Madders » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Very good to see you chaps again! We're always thrilled when our overseas members make the trip such as yourselves and Martien and the guys from the Netherlands. It still seems incredible to me that our little tractor factory hidden away in a West Yorkshire valley bottom has inspired generations of enthusiasts around the world.
These events remind me why I stay on the committee every year!

darwing1200

RE:

Post by darwing1200 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Thanks to all the organisers for a great weekend Joanne and myself really enjoyed our time in Meltham.We certainly didnt expect to be taking part in the road run and a big thanks to all for that especially Andy for using his diesel cropmaster.It was great to be driving a db on the roads of Meltham and past the factory. A great night on Sat was good to meet with everyone, and plenty of 6-pot chat with Phil! .Chris ye hav tey practice a whein mere words yet, Its wat bout ye! alright lad! :lol: Thanks again Darwin

Madders

RE:

Post by Madders » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:47 pm

So it is noy!

db-babe

Re: RE:

Post by db-babe » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:50 pm

darwing1200 wrote:Thanks to all the organisers for a great weekend Joanne and myself really enjoyed our time in Meltham.We certainly didnt expect to be taking part in the road run and a big thanks to all for that especially Andy for using his diesel cropmaster.It was great to be driving a db on the roads of Meltham and past the factory. A great night on Sat was good to meet with everyone, and plenty of 6-pot chat with Phil! .Chris ye hav tey practice a whein mere words yet, Its wat bout ye! alright lad! :lol: Thanks again Darwin
Picture for you both :)

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Another excellent weekend at the DB club HQ for fun and play at the 880/990 5oth celebration do. Saturdays road run was what we may call a tadge damp here in Yorkshire but the Suday was a good dry day all round.,

Great to see so many members in attendance and an excellent turnout from our members from ovrseas.

One or two pictures from the event to wet the appetite so to speak.

Darwin and Joanne aboard the `Courting Couple` Love Bus special, Darren on the 885, Firthy and DB Babe on the larger version of the Love bus special, Jessica on fag break!! and a certain 6 POT owner came well prepared, front towing eye and no doubt a heavy duty chain held in the Van Vault tool box :lol:

Cheers

Andy