40TD crawler

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Ozz-DB

40TD crawler

Post by Ozz-DB » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:15 pm

New to me!

The David Brown "40TD crawler" is something I've never seen and know nothing about.

My question is how the 40TD was related to any DB wheeled tractor as other DB crawlers were?

What engine did it use?

The serial number list given on this website suggest the 40TD was built in very limited numbers but I've have discovered that this model was exported to Australia.

Regards from Ozz-DB
Australian DB enthusiast- David Brown tractors-

*Model history and technical developments.

*David Brown corporate history

RE: 40TD crawler

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:50 pm

I believe this crawler was based on the 30D.

raymondjtownend

40td

Post by raymondjtownend » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:04 pm

950 engine in 40td

tomwill

RE: 40td

Post by tomwill » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:40 am

Yes, Raymond is correct it has a 950 engine. The 40TD was a 30IDT in a later form,having a 950 engine, same track assemble,the clutch was increased to 12 inchs same as the 50TD mark 2, transmission the same, the seating layout is different with the steering levers placed in the middle,the 40 TD was slightly heavier,approx 250 made between 1960 and 1964, also all 40TDs were painted yellow.RAYMOND do you still have your 50TD MARK 2.Regards TOM WILL AUST.

ianoz

Post by ianoz » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:28 am

Hi guys ,I just spotted a 40TD listed on aussie ebay .Price seems a bit steep :shock: at 35 grand,but certainly a very nice tidy machine .

tomwill

Post by tomwill » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:09 am

Here is a DAVID BROWN 40TD

John.Newman

Post by John.Newman » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Very tidy dozer this one. Probably made from 50TD left-over parts as it looks very similar to my 50TD Mk11 but with the 950 engine fitted.

Regards,
John

tomwill

Post by tomwill » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:21 am

Yes, John many parts relate to the 50TD Mark 2 The 50td mark 2 has a heavier track and final drive plus the 6 cylinder engine. Both tractors feature the same clutch, transmission and steering.The streering was improved from the older 30 and 50 mark 1 tractors plus they are a little heavier. Regards. Tom Williams.

tomwill

Post by tomwill » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:29 am

Plus also the above 40 TD was the winning show tractor at the Colac Victoria Tractor Festival Feb 2011. Cheers Tom Will

tdickson

Post by tdickson » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 am

I think I've seen a youtube clip of this machine. When/where will the 40 TD be on show again? I'd like to see it for real?

TD
1967 David Brown 880A / 540113
1968 David Brown 880A / 550795

tomwill

Post by tomwill » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:06 am

This DB 40TD will be featured at the tractor event at Inverell NSW in the October long weekend. Regards Tom Will.