who am I

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

tractorupagumtree

who am I

Post by tractorupagumtree » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:52 am

here is my engine No cak4/3/6157
here is my serial No p45862
does anyone know what year i was born and what parts are availible cheers tractorupagumtree(Paul)

jamesw

RE: who am I

Post by jamesw » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi
according to my search your tractor was made in 1953(but please don't take this for granted).

some parts that will suit your tractor can be purchased from:
http://www.davidbrownparts.plus.com/index.html

you may have to have a bit of a look around but you will find something to suit!!!!

have fun jamesw

tractorupagumtree

Post by tractorupagumtree » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:35 am

thanks jamesw much apreciated

tractorupagumtree

Post by tractorupagumtree » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Im being told manufacture date is dec 1953 but should have shell guards and pan seat but it has twin seat and not shell guards?????

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:02 pm

No two tractors of the same model were built or left the factory exactly the same, some were subtly different in certain aspects, especially those that were coming to the end of their production period or the beginning of another. The ones you find with most differences are those at the beginning of a new range in that some were fitted with parts from the 'old' model as parts were being used up from the previous ones. You will find that this is most notable in the 1950's produced models, for example, some late VAK1C tractors, the Cropmaster, were fitted with the square front casting and when the diesels came in some had the bench seat and Cropmaster wide wings and some had the steel single pan seat and shell wings and vice versa. I have a very early 1954 25D that should really have been a diesel Cropmaster as it has mainly Cropmaster parts fitted, such as drawbar and hitch assembly and the flat brass 'threepenny bit' grease nipples that were discontinued 3 years earlier.

prblake

A 30C

Post by prblake » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:03 am

I think with that number your tractor is a first series 30C
in which case, according to Colin Howell it will have Cropmaster panel work ie dual seat wide gaurds and a scuttle.

Does it have 30C badges on the bonnet sides?

Paul

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Paul,

get us a piccie - it makes it so much easier. If its got twin seats and square wings - thats the one to have!!!

Cheers

Andy

tractorupagumtree

Post by tractorupagumtree » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:19 pm

gday still collecting parts for my db but still not 100 percent sure what model it is the serial number is cak4/3 /6157 and engine number is p45862 id post a pic but cant work out how lol

prblake

who am I

Post by prblake » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:54 pm

As I noted back in Jan 2011 the serial number P45862 is for a first series 30C built between Mar 1953 and February 1954. The source for this is "The David Brown Story" by Allan Condie and John Melloy.
Paul

db2d

Post by db2d » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Your tractor is not a bitsa,it is a series one 30C. If you PM me your email address I will send you some pictures of one I restored.