site gone slow

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

jimc1390

site gone slow

Post by jimc1390 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:42 pm

is it my computer or has the site gone a touch slow?
db 990 selectamatic
case ih 1594 com ed
db 1390 gd90 loader

david1690

RE: site gone slow

Post by david1690 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:17 pm

At first I thought it was my Computer as well. But This Site has been slow to load while others are fine.

topcat112

Post by topcat112 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:42 pm

It is running slow across the pond also.

Ricky

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:40 pm

O.K. folks, an explanation is due. Firstly, Alchad is having terrible problems with his B/Band and so I have been attempting to get the problem rectified. I thought it was a fault by our hosting company but it transpires that it was the Farming News RSS feed that used to appear on the left of the screen.

That feed comes from an external source and has obviously got some kind of bug in it. This site is made up of left, centre, and right blocks. The Forum occupies the centre block, the Main Menu, Last Forum Posts and the Farming News are left blocks, Oldies But Goodies, Working Farm Tractors etc. etc. are right blocks. I was told we had a problem in one of the blocks and it was the RSS feed so it's gone. And it aint coming back. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The other blocks will come back when I get round to it. We are sorry about all the inconvenience but it has been a bit of a pig to sort out.

Scooby (in Admin mode)
Image Image

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

jimc1390

Post by jimc1390 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:35 pm

your a better man than me to keep it running, i wouldnt have a clue!!
db 990 selectamatic
case ih 1594 com ed
db 1390 gd90 loader

broadsword

Site speeded up again!!!

Post by broadsword » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks for the explanation Scooby (in Admin mode!!!),

appears to have speeded up again and is back to the smooth running and trouble free efficiency we come to expect from a David Brown tractor :wink: - for a while it looked like we had reverted to the Field Marshall low geared version for a while :lol:

On a serious note (and not blowing the trumpet of the DBTC) a wholehearted thanks to Scooby and Alchad for all the effort that is put in for the running and maintenance of the site - it takes a lot of time to administrate this site so many thanks to you both for all the effort put in.

As usual things have now reverted back to normal and we can get back to discussing all things DB in Cropmaster high speed top geared mode.

Big Thumbs up

Andy

Madders

RE: Site speeded up again!!!

Post by Madders » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:03 am

Broadsword you really are a big old gaylord aren't you!! lol!!!!
[.................................[/size] Image

Alchad

RE: Site speeded up again!!!

Post by Alchad » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Andy,

Your kind words are very much appreciated. Should you ever need anyone taking out (of the site that is) and perhaps not far above me (page-wise that is!!) as I type, just say the word....

Alchad

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:19 pm

No worries there Alchad - the person in question has consumed so much bacon, eggs, chocolate biscuits followed by more bacon and eggs in the museum today he`ll be suffering till at least the middle of the week :roll:

Regards

Our Shop Managers dietary advisor!!!

dsk

Post by dsk » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Does the search function work for anyone else? For instance I did a search for any posts with the word "injectors" and got none found. So I tried a search for "David Brown" and it doesn't show anything more than a day old.
780 880 990

simonwill69

Post by simonwill69 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 am

jimc1390 wrote:your a better man than me to keep it running, i wouldnt have a clue!!
That makes 2 of us then Jim !

prblake

search not working?

Post by prblake » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:48 am

I am in Australia and I cannot seem to get the search function to work. It either says items not found or takes me to this thread?

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Thank you for letting us know about this. The search index had got out of sync. and the pointers needed re-aligning.

All done now.
Image Image

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

dsk

Post by dsk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:10 pm

your efforts are indeed much appreciated Image
780 880 990