There is still some good will left in this World.

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Scooby

There is still some good will left in this World.

Post by Scooby » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:49 pm

I have given the boys a bit of publicity for the Ballymena trip.

http://www.forum4farming.com/forums/sho ... php?t=1689

http://www.classicmachinery.net/forum/t ... t4785.html

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=35693

http://www.fwi.co.uk/community/forums/n ... 48377.aspx

And I did a bit of advertising.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/1440277

My Mailbox has been full this last few days which just proves that there is still some goodwill around.
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

Darren880

Ballymena

Post by Darren880 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:48 pm

Hi,
The Meltham men have arrived in Ballymena this evening with the artic load of tractors and club shop. Over 30 dbs at the showground tonight which is a good start, just a pity the weather is not up to much but we'll hope for better tomorrow and saturday.

Darren.

Darren880

Post by Darren880 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Here is a photo of the load.

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:59 am

Thanks Darren. Remember that Chris. is a long way from home. You might have to give him a big cuddle. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

jearl

Post by jearl » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Many thanks from us down here in Aussieland to the team who are making all the arrangements and those who are taking the DBTC to Ireland ... an impressive effort and comittment

Great photo of the Foden and its load ... can't be easy getting it all across the Irish Sea ...

Amazing and impressive and great to see ... look forward to hearing more about it

jimc1390

Post by jimc1390 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:54 pm

looking nice
db 990 selectamatic
case ih 1594 com ed
db 1390 gd90 loader

aphughes

Post by aphughes » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 pm

So are you planning to visit any other shows in Ireland? The Iverk show in Piltown Co. Kilkenny is in August (28th) Pretty big show to my understanding. Would love to see your collection Scooby

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:57 pm

The problem with all this is that whatever work we do for the Club is done FOC. Chris. Maddison, our Shop Manager, has taken 2 days out of his business and hitched his lorry up to a trailer and taken the tractors over there.

The Traction Engine Club of Ulster generously sponsored the ferry charges, and the Club will pay Chris. for the diesel. But there is the wear and tear on his lorry, his time, and all the grief that these things cause.

Then the Club has hired a mini-bus to take the other chaps over together with virtually the entire Club Shop.

All participants pay their own hotel bills, food, etc. and so everyone is out of pocket except the Club.

But we do it because we enjoy doing it and we meet some super people. The Irish lads support the DBTC tremendously and so Chris. thought we ought to give something back.

Personally I wasn't able to get to Ballymena but would love to come to Southern Ireland next year. I'm not sure if that's going to be possible or not. The lads need to get over this trip first.
ImageImage

aphughes

Post by aphughes » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Thats a shame but its nice to see how dedicated you all are. All I can say is we over here would love to have you over and try and meet up

Darren880

Post by Darren880 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:45 am

I just wanted to say thanks for the club coming over to Northern Ireland for the show, it was an enjoyable 2 days and it was good to put faces to names.
I won the raffle today so i had the privelege of driving the last tractor in the final parade, a fine machine it is to drive. 92 david brown tractors today and 18 david brown albion implements, a good turnout as expected i will try and get some photos up tomorrow.
With some of these guys running the club and shop, the club is definately in safe hands and i hope to get another trip to meltham before the year is out.

Cheers, Darren.

Eric_T

Post by Eric_T » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Nice to see the club is being run by a crew of keen chaps who are promoting David Brown's and the Best Tractor Club on the planet. Happy to fork out their own dosh too (bear in mind folks, many of these people are from Yorkshire, they treat every coin and note like its their child!!)

If your reading this, and your not a member, I keep telling you, your missing out, as the Shopkeeper's milometer will prove, this club is going places!!

Well done to all conserned, spreading the David Brown Tractor word, keep up the good work!!

Emyr