Ballymena Update

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

darwing1200

Post by darwing1200 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:20 am

Chris, thats great news about your sponsorship from stg, a very kind company. regarding accomodation my mother runs 2 self catering houses of which 1 is still available which has 1 double and 1 twin room. We are in seaside village of Carnlough 15 miles from Ballymena. There would be no charge for db friends,but you may want to be together and closer to Ballymena. There is other self catering, b+b and 1 hotel close to me in the village. And if the rest of the guys are flying or foot passengers we can taxi no problem! :lol: :lol:

Darren880

Post by Darren880 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:13 pm

Guys, have you any travel plans sorted yet I have looked at a few hotels/b&b's but would need to know dates/numbers to see availability and there's always the option of Darwin's offer above.
Darren.

dipound

Post by dipound » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:51 pm

could some one confirm the day and date of the event please

darwing1200

Post by darwing1200 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:51 am

The club that runs the Ballymena show produce an event list for all rallies in Northern Ireland and it confirms that the event is held on 16th and 17th July 2010. Darren and myself called with the chairman on thursday night and gave us an encouraging welcome towards the DBTC visit. He also mentioned that confirmation of the dbtc coming would enable him to mention this feature in their Tv and newpaper advertising for the event which is to be planned soon he says. Darwin.

nevilleporter

Post by nevilleporter » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:36 pm

here is a link to TECU , the club that runs Ballymena Rally, and as Darwin has said, produces the event list for the NI rallies.
http://www.tecu.co.uk/

Madders

further.......

Post by Madders » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi men,

further update.....

the chairman of the Club called me to confirm our intentions and is going to call back Monday with any further offers of help ref. costs/accomodation after he has spoken to his committee.

The rest of the half dozen coming from Meltham as yet are undecided about the cheapest way to go... Broadsword is looking at providing a people carrier and /or flying ex. Liverpool.

When I know, you'll know.
the guys coming over are:

Bob Marsh (ex.field test)
Antony Marsh (ex. DB retail & Sov. Ag. director)
Chris Maddiosn
Mike Funnell (ex. demo)
Andy Armer (ex. lady)
James Firth (tractor mender!)

We will travel Thursday afternoon and return either Sat. night or very early Sunday to get sorted for work Monday.

more later...

Chris :D
[.................................[/size] Image

Madders

RE: further.......

Post by Madders » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:55 pm

Darwin,

as yet the tecu chairman hasn't been back in touch....give him a nudge if you see him will you!!

Mads

darwing1200

Post by darwing1200 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Chris,
Will do that asap. has anyone heard what the 990 4wd made at cambridge on sat? results not on cheffins website yet. Darwin

Madders

Post by Madders » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:24 pm

....not heard a dickie bird but I'd guess £12k as I'm feeling flamboyant tonight!